9/11 september 11 usa 2001

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#16 sinlogik

sinlogik

Neowinian

• 67 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 13:40

I was a senior in high school at the end of my first period class.

#17 OP f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• 2,499 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 13:41

I watched some stuff last night, about the guy who survived the building collapsing, and the firefighters story. I enjoy watching them but it is quite hard to understand the emotions, which is impossible I suppose

The Nicolas Cage movie? Yeah! I saw that when it first came out. He looks weird with a mustache imo.

#18 articuno1au

articuno1au

Neowinian Senior

• 4,490 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 13:47

Bed. My father woke me up to tell me that there was an attack.

We couldn't stop talking about how similar it was to the attack from Debt of Honour (Tom Clancy).

#19 Ottawa Gamerz

Ottawa Gamerz

Neowinian

• 165 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 13:47

that day i woke up heard the news and wasnt surprized at all

#20 articuno1au

articuno1au

Neowinian Senior

• 4,490 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 13:48

Inb4rage.

What a dick move on your behalf aye?

#21 Damien R.

Damien R.

XXX

• 120,823 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy

Posted 11 September 2012 - 13:49

I watched some stuff last night, about the guy who survived the building collapsing, and the firefighters story. I enjoy watching them but it is quite hard to understand the emotions, which is impossible I suppose

I saw that "miracle survivor" it was called, might watch it proper later

#22 Ottawa Gamerz

Ottawa Gamerz

Neowinian

• 165 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 13:50

Inb4rage.

What a dick move on your behalf aye?

ohh canada where we dont have to worry

#23 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,166 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 13:51

all i say 911 didnt have to happien at all

but when ur bullied to much the bully finally snaps and 911 happiens

sorry for all the people who died but the ones who servived id be ****ed at ur goverment because moms dads kids firemen all died
because of the good old usa im glad im from canada its doesnt happien here we dont **** every one off

What an absolute knobjockey thing to do. Come into a 9/11 thread and post your abhorrently written diatribe!

On topic: I was at work. We first saw it on a BBC news stream. I was shellshocked and it didn't sink in for ages.

Thing that annoyed me was that the reports of how London was reacting were blown wholly out of proportion... "The city is a ghost town, everyone has left EC1"... No they hadn't!?

And then after, the strange way we reacted. People seems to "want" to be involved somehow. Every little railway station, public venue, workplace had these "What to do in case of..." signs and briefings. Sorry, nobody is gonna bomb Bedford station!

ohh canada where we dont have to worry

Or spell, or show respect, or stay on topic...

#24 +primortal

primortal

Why Does It Hurt!

• 3,478 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon (929)

Posted 11 September 2012 - 13:53

Working in my previous job's data center on Water Street and just left the WTC towers an hour before it all happened.

#25 +Odom

Odom

Neowinian Senior

• 1,622 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 13:55

I was at work. Passed by the office of my colleague who had a TV card in his PC. I made a joke about watching action movies at work instead of actually working. He said that was the news, not a movie, it had just happened. 5mins later his office was completely filled with the rest of the colleagues.

#26 azspeedbullet

azspeedbullet

Neowinian

• 256 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 13:55

i too was in class during that time. When it happen, the teacher went a bit crazy about it

#27 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,166 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 13:58

When it happen, the teacher went a bit crazy about it

People in my office were all "Well, this is the end of the world. America will retaliate in ways we've never seen. I guarantee you nuclear war within months". Hmmmmm. Quite frankly I was astounded by the immediate level of restraint shown.

#28 Jason Stillion

Jason Stillion

Neowinian

• 1,434 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 13:59

I heard on the radio just as I was pulling in to parking for work, was lab assistant at a Community College.
It was very surreal. The college was closed early, I got lost trying to get home (several roads I go home were closed as precaution).
I remember how the cell phone system was jammed, and trying to pull up news sites from the internet were nearly impossible due to heavy load.
Also learned how many stations are owned by clear channel, all clear channel stations went to one audio feed.

The full impact didn't hit me until a few days latter.

#29 Farstrider

Farstrider

The Clash

• 6,311 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 13:59

Funny being so far away, when it happened, but it shocked me to the core! I was at a client, was quite early our time, we were busy and then the phone rang and a friend of my client just told us to turn the TV on and said goodbye. About 30 secs after we found the CNN channel the second aircraft hit and we just stood watching in horror and could not really grasp that what we were seeing was real. I went home after that and just followed what was happening on the telly. I will always remember that day as clearly as any.

#30 bjoswald

bjoswald

Neowinian Senior

• 3,763 posts
  • Phone: HTC Aria

Posted 11 September 2012 - 14:02

I don't remember. Probably asleep. I'm not from New York and I don't have any relatives there either, so it really didn't affect me much.