Motherboard making dial-up sounds whenever there's activity

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 OP +Kondrath

Kondrath

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:32

New progress -

Adjusting the polling rate from 1,000 to 125 Khz got rid of the mouse noise. On the negative side, there's a bit more mouse latency but it's worth the noise going away.
Now all that's left is the noise coming from any sort of activity, such as a program loading or closing a window. I'm going to buy new 1/4 TRS Cables, but it'd still be nice if I could eliminate the issue from the source (the pc) somehow.

#17 OP +Kondrath

Kondrath

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 September 2012 - 16:21

Last bump because I'm desperate. Got my new 20gauge braided shield TRS cables today. They GREATLY reduced the noise, but it's still there. I guess I'm screwed at this point because the speakers work fine with everything but my desktop. Everything is grounded into the same outlet. I even tried plugging the desktop into my hallway outlet to try and space everything out, but I still get interference. I wish I knew how to eliminate the noise at the source.

There is NO interference in the BIOS, but it starts immediately when windows begins to load.

#18 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 14 September 2012 - 16:59

Buy a cheap sound card and disable the on-board sound.

#19 OP +Kondrath

Kondrath

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 September 2012 - 17:01

I'm not even using the onboard sound. I'm using my firewire external sound card. And onboard is disabled via BIOS just to be safe.

And the firewire audio interface isn't faulty, because it works on other computers and my laptop. The noise is originated form somewhere inside of my PC case and is making its way into my speakers....

#20 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 16 September 2012 - 00:11

^ Check the Power supply, but I'm afraid you will need to replace the motherboard to solve it. :/

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!