SpotFlux?

Do any of you have any experience using SpotFlux?

I'm a little leary of trying it out because I haven't heard anything about it. Just wondering if it's legit, effective and worth downloading.

I've used it, and it does what it aims to do but it's a very slow piece of software for what is essentially a proxy.

What are you trying to achieve? There might be a better piece of software out there.

I've used it, and it does what it aims to do but it's a very slow piece of software for what is essentially a proxy.

What are you trying to achieve? There might be a better piece of software out there.

Just security, piece of mind. I like the idea of ghostery and noscript but they break web pages to the point that it's not worth having them installed.

piece of mind and paranoia can be close cousins..

So why do you trust this company with all your browsing habits and details of everywhere you go - I mean everything your computer is sending to the internet, its a vpn. Honestly you just gave them direct access to your machine your creating a vpn to them, means they can talk back to you with no firewall between.

Why do you trust them with all this info and power, is that worth hiding that you came to a site from google from site A? Or that company X knows that some user on IP ABC also went to company Y and Z?

You might be blocking a few ads, can be done local. You can screen for bad code, can be done local. Your clearly going to make your internet slower - just plain fact with no way around it with proxy/vpn your adding latency and limitations into your connection - its going to take some performance hit.

So that gives you piece of mind? Handing over the keys to your privacy to some random company on the internet, because they promise X for FREE? You just traded random sites knowing bits and pieces of you to company Y knowing everything there is to know about your internet access, along with direct access to your box if they so desired.

Now maybe this company is everything they say they are, and just looking out for you.. And maybe their network rocks and you won't even notice the performance hit on your connection. Maybe not.. I just don't see how that brings you piece of mind.

• 2 months later...

There are several free vpns you dont have to download anything and work good. Just setup a connection through network connections for windows. try usipvpn dot com, cloudfreevpn dot com, pptpvpn dot biz

• 4 months later...

piece of mind and paranoia can be close cousins..

So why do you trust this company with all your browsing habits and details of everywhere you go - I mean everything your computer is sending to the internet, its a vpn. Honestly you just gave them direct access to your machine your creating a vpn to them, means they can talk back to you with no firewall between.

Why do you trust them with all this info and power, is that worth hiding that you came to a site from google from site A? Or that company X knows that some user on IP ABC also went to company Y and Z?

You might be blocking a few ads, can be done local. You can screen for bad code, can be done local. Your clearly going to make your internet slower - just plain fact with no way around it with proxy/vpn your adding latency and limitations into your connection - its going to take some performance hit.

So that gives you piece of mind? Handing over the keys to your privacy to some random company on the internet, because they promise X for FREE? You just traded random sites knowing bits and pieces of you to company Y knowing everything there is to know about your internet access, along with direct access to your box if they so desired.

Now maybe this company is everything they say they are, and just looking out for you.. And maybe their network rocks and you won't even notice the performance hit on your connection. Maybe not.. I just don't see how that brings you piece of mind.

100% agree, you are basically standing out of the large internet crow and handing all your traffic to a private company... i would not use this software and if i need instant anonymization i would go with tor browser.