Can't Log In To Windows 8 RP

I know that there are a few threads here and there about the 16 character bug but my problem has nothing to do with that so I created my own thread.

I was sitting watching Breaking Bad on Netflix when my cat jumped off of my bookcase and into the side of my computer, it fell over and the screen flickered then went black. The computer was still on so I tapped the power button and waited for it to turn off. I had a pretty good idea what the problem was and I was right, a couple of days ago I got a new graphics card and I guessed that I hadn't seated it properly, when I opened up the case it was sitting at an angle so I took it out and checked for damage. It looked fine so stuck it back in (making sure that it was firmly in the slot this time) and then turned my PC back on, it booted fine but now whenever I enter my password it tells me that either my username or password is wrong. I have it hooked up to my Windows Live account so I went online and changed my password but it's still telling me that the password is wrong "/

Any ideas?

Internet connection down maybe? Seeing as how you have it hooked to your Live ID it could be that.

On the lock screen it displays that I'm connected to WiFi, I thought I'd try it wired but it still does the same thing.

Keyboard took a hit and your typing in the wrong password ?

HDD took a knock and messed up the SAM database ? (I imagine it still has one as you can still log into 8 with your Live ID offline)

Keyboard took a hit and your typing in the wrong password ?

HDD took a knock and messed up the SAM database ? (I imagine it still has one as you can still log into 8 with your Live ID offline)

There is a button next to the password field that lets you view what you have typed in and it's displaying the correct password. Not sure if it does still use the SAM database, did a little bit of searching and can't find any mention of it in 8.

I've been trying to enable the hidden admin account so that I can change my account to local and see if that lets me log in, can it be enabled from Safe Mode? Having trouble getting into Safe Mode anyways, I know that now you need to use Shift + F8 to access the Recovery Mode and enable Safe Mode but I've tried several times to enter it and it just keeps booting normally.

I've tried the Offline Password and NT Registry Editor,I know that you can enable the Admin account through that but my computer refuses to boot from my USB pen and I can't find any blank CDs (got DVDs but the old computer I'm on just now doesn't have a DVD-RW) so looks like I'll need to pop to the shops.

Does anyone know if that should work?

EDIT: Booted the computer from the installation disk and opened up CMD from the recovery utilities then accessed Regedit and enabled the admin account through that. Now to see if I can get this working!

There is a button next to the password field that lets you view what you have typed in and it's displaying the correct password. Not sure if it does still use the SAM database, did a little bit of searching and can't find any mention of it in 8.

I've been trying to enable the hidden admin account so that I can change my account to local and see if that lets me log in, can it be enabled from Safe Mode? Having trouble getting into Safe Mode anyways, I know that now you need to use Shift + F8 to access the Recovery Mode and enable Safe Mode but I've tried several times to enter it and it just keeps booting normally.

I've tried the Offline Password and NT Registry Editor,I know that you can enable the Admin account through that but my computer refuses to boot from my USB pen and I can't find any blank CDs (got DVDs but the old computer I'm on just now doesn't have a DVD-RW) so looks like I'll need to pop to the shops.

Does anyone know if that should work?

EDIT: Booted the computer from the installation disk and opened up CMD from the recovery utilities then accessed Regedit and enabled the admin account through that. Now to see if I can get this working!

Was just about to suggest getting to recovery CMD and entering: net user administrator /active:yes

For some reason doing it through cmd wouldn't work so I had to do it manually through regedit. Also to do that I had to access the SAM file so apparently it still does use it. As far as I can see you can only change the account type from within the account you want to change. Think I'm just going go need to create a new local account and copy all my files over :(

Try doing a system refresh. Use your boot DVD and do a refresh, which keeps all your files but reinstalls Windows. Or reinstall windows from DVD WITHOUT formatting so you can recover your data from the Windows.old folder. If you are going to reinstall, though, use the release preview, which will solve many of the bugs. There is no reason to keep using the developer preview.