Apache Hammers Microsoft Over Do Not Track

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#121 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 13:22

Well seeing as we're in or halfway in the EU. and the EU loves to force legislations for good or bad, I'm fairly sure that as soon as the EU gets a sniff of this DNT thing, they'll make a legislation saying all ad companies need to abide by it or they'll get fined out of this galaxy. At least the EU have the guts to do something like this and put the big corporations and ad companies in their place, which is behind the consumer and people.

Eh, sometimes the EU is a good thing and sometimes they just throw their weight around in order to make themselves some money.

This is something I know more than a little bit about due to the way they kept fining MS into the ground while refusing to define how they wanted certain OS changes implemented for quite some time. They made a huge chunk of change off those fines...

#122 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,005 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 17 September 2012 - 14:16

The MS case is one I don't think they did the right thing, not to 100% anyway. But on the other hand, it is kind of MS who makes the OS and understands it, job to say what they can do so they can make an educated decision on what to do. and of course that's what happened in the end. it should just never have gone there in the first place.

Then on the other end of the scale you have the case where intel was clearly abusing it's might and they took them out for it. while the US mostly did nothing.