After using it today on my iPhone (I had the beta on my iPad for awhile) here are some things:
* The way it handles Facebook contacts is nice and the way it should be done (by keeping them all separate but accessible).
* Finally I can set individual vibrations on incoming text messages per-contact. Excellent.
* Do not disturb and being able to auto-schedule-set do not disturb for late at night. Added bonus that contacts in your 'favorites' can still call you which is good for an emergency.
* Updating apps in App Store no longer requires me to enter my password which is a plus.
Things I'm not crazy about:
* Change to iTunes Match functionality. Now songs are streamed by default and in order to download a track you have to download the entire album or make a playlist with the tracks you want and download the whole playlist. I preferred the caching file by default method in iOS 5. I think iTunes Match is more of a hassle in iOS 6 than it was in iOS 5. In 5 I could just play music that I wanted to hear. In 6 I have to make the decision to stream or download the track.
* Most of the cosmetic changes are just oh-gee-whiz. And I really am disliking the blue status bar on some of the screens. The whole device is just overly blue now and I want to fix that but can't because no untethered jailbreak yet. Forgot how use to f.lux I am. Now I feel like I'm staring at a florescent bulb which is unpleasant.
What is the procedure for that? Thanks.
- Connect iPhone using USB cable.
- Open iTunes and click on your phone on the left hand side.
- Hold alt and click 'Check for update.'
- Select the ipsw file and hit OK
I know it works because I did it on mine last night. Might even work when upgrading from iOS 5, unless you're certain it doesn't?