ufc 153

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#16 dippednbutter

dippednbutter

Neowinian

• 998 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:33

Fitch vs Silva I hope will be a good fight and not fall into a typical Fitch fight. Also what if Bonnar lays on Silva all day like he did against Kingsbury? Never know, he is pretty tough. But then again so was Forrest.

#17 OP Damien R.

Damien R.

XXX

• 121,676 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy

Posted 26 September 2012 - 00:34

#18 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,321 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 113

Posted 26 September 2012 - 17:24

Fitch vs Silva I hope will be a good fight and not fall into a typical Fitch fight. Also what if Bonnar lays on Silva all day like he did against Kingsbury? Never know, he is pretty tough. But then again so was Forrest.

Bonnar isn't even half the wrestler Sonne is. Not going to happen.

#19 nominak

nominak

Neowinian Senior

• 3,159 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 18:14

As much as I dislike Silva. Bonnar is gonna get dropped like a sack of potatoes.

#20 dippednbutter

dippednbutter

Neowinian

• 998 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 18:59

Bonnar isn't even half the wrestler Sonne is. Not going to happen.

I'm assuming 5 rounds for UFC main? Doesn't say. Also, Luiz Cane made it all the way down to a Camozzi fight lol

#21 nominak

nominak

Neowinian Senior

• 3,159 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 19:04

I'm assuming 5 rounds for UFC main? Doesn't say.

Yes all main event fights are now 5 rounds, title fight or not.

#22 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,321 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 19:10

I'm assuming 5 rounds for UFC main? Doesn't say. Also, Luiz Cane made it all the way down to a Camozzi fight lol

Bonnar vs Silva is a 3 round fight.

Luiz Cané is right where he should be. I thought he was hilarious when he said he wanted to eventually be LHW champion after knocking out Eliot Marshall... at UFC 128, where Bones crushed Shogun, a much, much better fighter. He then drops to MW and loses his debut against a UFC newcomer. Facebook prelims is his new home... if he doesn't lose and get cut. Camozzi is as low tier as they get but he still can get things done.

#23 dippednbutter

dippednbutter

Neowinian

• 998 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 19:16

Normally that is the case but according to bloodyelbow its just a 3 round main.

Bonnar vs Silva is a 3 round fight.

Luiz Cané is right where he should be. I thought he was hilarious when he said he wanted to eventually be LHW champion after knocking out Eliot Marshall... at UFC 128, where Bones crushed Shogun, a much, much better fighter. He then drops to MW and loses his debut against a UFC newcomer. Facebook prelims is his new home... if he doesn't lose and get cut. Camozzi is as low tier as they get but he still can get things done.

I'm actually calling Camozzi in this one. After that I see him getting cut soon.

#24 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,321 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 19:42

Normally that is the case but according to bloodyelbow its just a 3 round main.

I'm actually calling Camozzi in this one. After that I see him getting cut soon.

He would be 2-2 in his second run but it was L-W-W-L. I think they'll let him at least lose 2 in a row before a cut. They always some need of warm bodies to fill Facebook prelims. He just needs to be exciting, either in losing or winning.

#25 OP Damien R.

Damien R.

XXX

• 121,676 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 19:06

#26 Zoom7000

Zoom7000

The Ankle Breaker

• 2,812 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 6 Plus

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:37

This main event is just a total joke! Anderson Silva is an even bigger joke for agreeing to what everyone knows will be a complete walkover! I've never rooted for Stephan Bonnar, but oh how bad I want to see a shock - Even though there is practically a 0.001% chance of it happening! :rofl:

#27 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,321 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:32

This main event is just a total joke! Anderson Silva is an even bigger joke for agreeing to what everyone knows will be a complete walkover! I've never rooted for Stephan Bonnar, but oh how bad I want to see a shock - Even though there is practically a 0.001% chance of it happening! :rofl:

If Silva hadn't stepped up, the card would've been cancelled and it deal a very hard blow to the UFC (2 cards in as many months getting pulled). Every fight on the Main Card with draw power just fell apart. I know it's a PPV in Brazil so PPV numbers in the US will be ridiculously low but the Brazilian market is very important to the UFC's expansion plans.
First, the main event of Koch vs Aldo went down the drain (AGAIN) when Koch got injured. Frankie Edgar stepped in to replace him but then Aldo got injured as well. Quinton Jackson was supposed to fight Glover Teixeira but then dropped out due to "injury" (don't buy it, it's his last UFC fight and he wants to make bank, not get clobbered on a Brazil PPV card). Belfort was due to fight Alan Belcher, probably for #1 contender or close, but got pulled to fight at UFC 152, leaving Belcher without a dance partner. Seeing how it's a BR card, it absolutely NEEDS a BR main event or people won't even bother. So Silva stepped up, like he was ready to at UFC 151, to save the card. And Bonnar was the only one dumb enough and the right combination of available enough & irrelevant enough for him to fight. Without Silva to support it, much like Bones at UFC 151, the whole thing would fall apart and nobody would get paid. Also, Fitch vs Silva is a very interesting fight that I'm dying to see.

#28 OP Damien R.

Damien R.

XXX

• 121,676 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 19:39

#29 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,321 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 00:27

And here's the card! (I'm being lazy because it overall sucks and I've had a lot of work on my hands lately).

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
- Reza Madadi vs. Cristiano Marcello
- Chris Camozzi vs. Luiz Cane

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX) aka. TUF Brazil washouts vs. UFC low-tier fighters.
- Renee Forte vs. Sergio Moraes
- Diego Brandao vs. Joey Gambino
- Gleison Tibau vs. Francisco Trinaldo
- Rony “Jason” Mariano Bezerra vs. Sam Sicilia

MAIN CARD
- Demian Maia vs. Rick Story - This is going to be either a short fight or an ugly one. I would settle for short and ugly.
- Phil Davis vs. Wagner Prado - Watch out for those fingers, Pokeassaurus Rex.
- Jon Fitch vs. Erick Silva - THE fight to watch out for.
- Dave Herman vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira - Did Herman even train for this?
- Fabio Maldonado vs. Glover Teixeira - Winner gets a leg up on the LHW title picture seeing how every other elite LHW except for Machida and Bjornes is pretty much a broken toy.
- Anderson Silva vs. Stephan Bonnar - LOL.

#30 Kriz

Kriz

Neowinian Senior

• 8,433 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 13 October 2012 - 17:06

Got my bong cleaned and ready for this one.