• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#46 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• 4,281 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 15 October 2012 - 16:09

The super fights are all that are left for Silva, be it Jones or St. Pierre, or do we think there's some unknown or up and coming prospect in the MW division that can actually stop Silva? Or do we let him "retire" since it seems the only ones that dare fight him are the ones we all know will lose anyways?

As for all the "injuries" lately what does the UFC do to confirm the injury, take the fighter's doctor's recommendation or do they have a separate doctor to verify the injury? There have been too many injuries and like we've noticed some "injuries" are just for the sole purpose of ducking an opponent, they really need to come up with something to penalize fighters that fake injuries for whatever reason it is, it's bad enough having so many legitimate injuries for anyone to be taking advantage of the system

#47 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• 5,023 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 16:19

gsp is way too small for silva. he would get completely wrecked. as for JJ, I would highly predict silva takes it. Machida did not bad until he got choked out, and Machida is no silva.

#48 Zoom7000

Zoom7000

The Ankle Breaker

• 2,783 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4

Posted 15 October 2012 - 16:22

I'd love to see Chael get another chance at Silva. 3rd time lucky maybe? We know it'll sell bucket loads of PPV buys and tickets and he is the only one who has even really challenged him.

#49 OP Damien R.

Damien R.

XXX

• 120,630 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy

Posted 15 October 2012 - 16:41

Posted Image

#50 mr_sock_00

mr_sock_00

Neowinian

• 258 posts
  • Phone: LG L7

Posted 15 October 2012 - 16:44

Sonnen lost his credibility long time ago.
In my opinion Silva didn't have the level of competition that other weight classes had.
Silva is most vulerable to good wrestlers and GSP would give him good competition. Silva walks around 210-220 and GSP walks around 185-190.

I find it bit "unfighterly" to avoid Jon Jones and call out someone smaller than him.
They both have a lot of lose in terms of their legacy and both don't want to risk that.

Since he maintained he "will never fight at 205" Then make him to go against Nick Diaz.

#51 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,314 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 113

Posted 15 October 2012 - 23:53

I'd love to see Chael get another chance at Silva. 3rd time lucky maybe? We know it'll sell bucket loads of PPV buys and tickets and he is the only one who has even really challenged him.

Do you want to turn Chael into Florian/Faber? Let's give it a rest, he's already said he's moving to 205.

Silva either fights GSP (GSP moving to 185 is pretty sound or a 180 catchweight) or they finally give Bisping a title shot.

#52 OP Damien R.

Damien R.

XXX

• 120,630 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy

Posted 15 October 2012 - 23:54

they finally give Bisping a title shot.

I'd like to see that

#53 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,314 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:11

I'd like to see that

Me too, but it's not very likely seeing how he "lost" to Chael Sonnen recently and his wins at MW are solid but against Dan Miller (5-5 at MW in the UFC); Yoshihiro Akiyama (1-3 at MW in the UFC); Jorge Rivera (retired, 8-7 at MW in the UFC); Jason Miller (0-3 at MW in the UFC); and lastly Brian Stann (4-2 at MW in the UFC), all that for a combined record of 18-20 and no Top 5 opponents.

He needs to beat the winner of Chris Weidman vs Tim Boetsch and/or the winner of Alan Belcher vs Yushin Okami before the UFC will give him the shot. The most likely scenario? Winner of Weidman vs Boetsch fights winner of Belcher vs Okami for the next title shot. The most likely scenario for a Bisping title shot in 2013 is as late replacement due to an injury. 2014... that's another story because we don't even know if Silva isn't going to hang up the gloves after a much talked about Super Fight and retire as GOAT.

#54 dippednbutter

dippednbutter

Neowinian

• 998 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:25

Fitch did well but it just backs up the term 'pillow fists' even more. To be dominating a guy and unable to hurt him with so many shots is just ridiculous.

#55 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• 4,281 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:36

Fitch did well but it just backs up the term 'pillow fists' even more. To be dominating a guy and unable to hurt him with so many shots is just ridiculous.

You're underestimating his opponent here, Silva is a tough kid, he took a whoopping in that fight, and even better learned something while loosing

#56 dippednbutter

dippednbutter

Neowinian

• 998 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:34

You're underestimating his opponent here, Silva is a tough kid, he took a whoopping in that fight, and even better learned something while loosing

No doubt. The kid has a super future. I was squeezing ass to see him win. But still, Fitch has no power in his punches period.

#57 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,314 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:12

No doubt. The kid has a super future. I was squeezing ass to see him win. But still, Fitch has no power in his punches period.

Come on, it was the third round, he was tired. It's not that he doesn't have power, he just doesn't have enough to put down the competition he's fighting. Silva was pretty damn resilient. One time he wasn't even defending himself, just eating the shots up, I really thought it would be a TKO for Fitch. It was a great fight for him.

#58 dippednbutter

dippednbutter

Neowinian

• 998 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 22:29

Come on, it was the third round, he was tired. It's not that he doesn't have power, he just doesn't have enough to put down the competition he's fighting. Silva was pretty damn resilient. One time he wasn't even defending himself, just eating the shots up, I really thought it would be a TKO for Fitch. It was a great fight for him.

Sorry, I know how you feel about Fitch but dude has Chael hands lol.

#59 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,314 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 00:53

Sorry, I know how you feel about Fitch but dude has Chael hands lol.

30-27 NEVER DIE!