Glow for Windows 8

Very nice theme. Looks tons better than the metro-like "aero" default theme in Windows 8. I've noticed a few bugs, however. After applying Glow Tweaks, I've noticed the close button bug (documented above) and a bug effecting the window borders on some programs. Not sure if anyone's reported this one yet, so here's a screenshot:

qjJ0m.png

Thanks for the nice theme. Keep up the good work.

i'm pretty disappointed so far.

it doesn't look at all like the preview. the close button is messed up, there is a black bar below the title bar in explorer as soon as i apply glowtweaks (which crashes each time i close it), the back and forward buttons dont change when applying the theme, and the scroll bars in chrome are messed up. pretty much all i get is a white title bar and a half colored close button.

so far this theme is not usable for me. even if it wasn't much, and i know this sounds harsh (surely theres a lot of work in this theme) so far this was like throwing money out of the window.

i'm pretty disappointed so far.

it doesn't look at all like the preview. the close button is messed up, there is a black bar below the title bar in explorer as soon as i apply glowtweaks (which crashes each time i close it), the back and forward buttons dont change when applying the theme, and the scroll bars in chrome are messed up. pretty much all i get is a white title bar and a half colored close button.

so far this theme is not usable for me. even if it wasn't much, and i know this sounds harsh (surely theres a lot of work in this theme) so far this was like throwing money out of the window.

QFT

Never heard of people selling themes

It must have something very special vs all the free ones

Nothing new, lots of people were selling WinXP themes back in the days (but there were so many good free ones it didn't seem worth it, now that there isn't really many free themes I can see why someone would pay for one)

ok, i figured out why i doesn't work for me. since i use my pc with my 42" tv, i have set it to 150% dpi. with standard dpi settings all displays fine, when the dpi go up, nothing works correct anymore. are there any plans to release a version for higher dpi settings? i figure there are quite a few who use a htpc setup with a tv connected.

Very nice theme. Looks tons better than the metro-like "aero" default theme in Windows 8. I've noticed a few bugs, however. After applying Glow Tweaks, I've noticed the close button bug (documented above) and a bug effecting the window borders on some programs. Not sure if anyone's reported this one yet, so here's a screenshot:

Thanks for the nice theme. Keep up the good work.

I knew already about these bugs ^^

ok, i figured out why i doesn't work for me. since i use my pc with my 42" tv, i have set it to 150% dpi. with standard dpi settings all displays fine, when the dpi go up, nothing works correct anymore. are there any plans to release a version for higher dpi settings? i figure there are quite a few who use a htpc setup with a tv connected.

high dpi version will be added in the paid version in the next update.

Looked through the free version, theres no explorerframe.dll.

Is it integrated in the VS for Win8 VS?

Yup windows 8 themes have it integrated inside the VS :D

Selling his own custom theme he spent probably hours of making and then also providing a free version for it? fair enough for me.

This is true, but i want updates for at least 1 year! Im happy to pay for a product that will be updated for at least 1 year (depending on the price)

This is true, but i want updates for at least 1 year! Im happy to pay for a product that will be updated for at least 1 year (depending on the price)

I'll keep it updated for a few months untill I make a new theme, the paid users will get then still the required fixes if there's anything to fix until windows 9 comes out.

• 4 weeks later...

How do people with the paid version get the updates?

Paypal: you'll be send a mail or a dA message, if you don't get one contact me with your paypal mail.

dA: just click the purchased button after you have bought it to redownload the updated version again.

Paypal: you'll be send a mail or a dA message, if you don't get one contact me with your paypal mail.

dA: just click the purchased button after you have bought it to redownload the updated version again.

Ahh thanks :)