win8 vs theme visual style

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#31 Colin McGregor

Colin McGregor

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Ativ S WP8

Posted 04 November 2012 - 21:40

And this is exactly why you are still a virgin.

For the people complaining about him charging a measly few dollars for his theme, get over it. Use it or don't use it. This guy has always made amazing stuff. If I go back to Windows 8, I will be sure to pick up this theme and will be glad to pay for his great work.

assuming someone is a virgin from a post shows exactly why you are still a virgin. <---- See what I did there??

#32 nub

nub

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 November 2012 - 21:44

Any form of design is sueable these days everything has been patented...
But MS won't be doing that simply because that would be very bad publicity.

Also there is a lot of software also containing those files like vistastylebuilder, did this software ever get sued? Nope MS isn't apple.

My works and any other software etc for windows 8 is free publicity for MS and would be plain stupid to sue.

And deviantart doesn't just takes down someones work from my experience.

So what you're saying you're breaking the law but **** it because Microsoft will never sue me?

And this is exactly why you are still a virgin.

Really? Yet another prime example of the outstanding members of this forum.

#33 +Yorak

Yorak

Insubordinate

Posted 04 November 2012 - 21:52

If the guy wants to report it to Microsoft, he is welcome to as Seahorsepip isn't in danger of being sued by Microsoft, lol. He didn't need to come in here to post that. You can argue that I didn't have to post either, but I actually added something constructive to mine pertaining to the topic. ;)

#34 Guth

Guth

Alba Gu Bráth

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 04 November 2012 - 22:04

Downloading now. Will report back after install.

I am installing free version, sorry but I am not working at the moment and I cannot afford anything that isn't a necessity. Thanks for offering a free version, I (unlike some) do understand how much work has gone into this and charging $3 is nothing for a theme.

The guy is offering a version for free so why are people complaining and reporting things to MS.

#35 OP +Seahorsepip

Seahorsepip

http://seapip.com

• Tech Issues Solved: 13
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z White

Posted 04 November 2012 - 22:05

Please stay ontopic if you want to say something about legal stuff send me a pm this topic isn't meant for that.
Any more usseless comments will be ignored and I will contact a moderator to clean up if needed.

#36 DavidM

DavidM

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 November 2012 - 22:20

Deleted. Didn't mean to derail your thread. :)

#37 Guth

Guth

Alba Gu Bráth

Posted 04 November 2012 - 22:28

Love the theme! Really is one of the best themes I've used. I never usually download themes because they are glitchy, don't work and need some crappy bloat-ware to run them. Love how yours seems to be a normal windows theme and doesn't require any other software running. The Glow Tweaks made a big difference too :)

Only thing I notice is this blue patch and the top of properties and options windows. (Blue is the colour I've chosen in customisations, so I guess if I changed it from blue, this little patch would change colour too)

SS.jpg

#38 The Dingus Diddler

The Dingus Diddler

Sir Derpy McHerperton III

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 1020

Posted 04 November 2012 - 22:32

Love the theme! Really is one of the best themes I've used. I never usually download themes because they are glitchy, don't work and need some crappy bloat-ware to run them. Love how yours seems to be a normal windows theme and doesn't require any other software running. The Glow Tweaks made a big difference too :)

Only thing I notice is this blue patch and the top of properties and options windows. (Blue is the colour I've chosen in customisations, so I guess if I changed it from blue, this little patch would change colour too)

SS.jpg

In the folder there is an html file, open it and it downloads a tool that tweaks your system to get rid of it :)

Using the free version just now, looking really nice. I'll more than likely be getting the premium version in the next couple of days!
What icon pack are you using?

#39 Guth

Guth

Alba Gu Bráth

Posted 04 November 2012 - 22:34

In the folder there is an html file, open it and it downloads a tool that tweaks your system to get rid of it :)

Using the free version just now, looking really nice. I'll more than likely be getting the premium version in the next couple of days!
What icon pack are you using?

I've done that. Mentioned it in my post " The Glow Tweaks made a big difference too"

I haven't restarted since choosing the theme and running glow tweaks tool. I'll try a reboot.

#40 The Dingus Diddler

The Dingus Diddler

Posted 04 November 2012 - 22:37

I've done that. Mentioned it in my post " The Glow Tweaks made a big difference too"

I haven't restarted since choosing the theme and running glow tweaks tool. I'll try a reboot.

Sorry, completely missed that sentence and jumped to the next paragraph, time for bed me thinks.

#41 Guth

Guth

Alba Gu Bráth

Posted 04 November 2012 - 22:51

No problem.
I restarted and it is still there. I ran the glow tweaks tool again, and I tried disabling and enabling that again. All it does is make the sides of the windows smaller, which in turn shrinks the little blue patch. However, it doesn't remove it. Its still there :(

#42 OP +Seahorsepip

Seahorsepip

http://seapip.com

• Tech Issues Solved: 13
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z White

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:53

No problem.
I restarted and it is still there. I ran the glow tweaks tool again, and I tried disabling and enabling that again. All it does is make the sides of the windows smaller, which in turn shrinks the little blue patch. However, it doesn't remove it. Its still there :(

That blue patch is a limitation in windows 8 that creates the bug :/ I'm working on a fix.

#43 Guth

Guth

Alba Gu Bráth

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:40

That blue patch is a limitation in windows 8 that creates the bug :/ I'm working on a fix.

At least I know its not just me :) Its not that big of a deal really.
Thanks for the awesome theme. Using on desktop and laptop. love it :)
As I Said before, best theme ive ever used. Love how seamless it is.

#44 The Dingus Diddler

The Dingus Diddler

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:35

Just going to send you the money for the premium version!

#45 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:42

Are the mac style icons optional?

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!