iTunes 11 UI

found it using the apple software update tool when the itunes update check told me it was the latest version.

Oh, I need to restart my PC. :/ Anyone else get that message?

Same here. When connecting my iPod classic it detected it as new hardware. Had it connected previously with the old version of iTunes.

Oh, I need to restart my PC. :/ Anyone else get that message?

For me it was not needed.

New icon:

It would be nice if it would match with the appstore icon, but it's not matching! (The white icon in the middle don't have the same border) Shame...

Just checked for updates with the Windows Apple Software Update and it's found it. Itunes 11 here I come! :D

Has anybody confirmed if it is a rewrite?

351281588.PNG

It's a rewrite. Streaming music previews from the store are so much faster and it opens in a second. It's awesome. How is this on PC guys?

Argh! They've ruined it for me!!!!!

As you can see from the screenshot below, I like my grid view! Where are the settings to change the album art sizes to large?! Where is the option in preferences to change the background colour to black?! WTF Apple!

307032537.PNG

Argh! They've ruined it for me!!!!!

As you can see from the screenshot below, I like my grid view! Where are the settings to change the album art sizes to large?! Where is the option in preferences to change the background colour to black?! WTF Apple!

307032537.PNG

This is the same scenario that happened when they launched version 9, they removed it and added it back due to huge request.

Upgraded, went to the playlist view and grid view along with column browser's still there so that's good. Disappointed the area on the bottom left for album art's gone and I can't get rid of the iCloud Download column either.

Feels very fast on Windows.

Feels snappy enough on my Windows laptop, but I didn't have any problems with v10 either... The real test (for me) is how well it runs on my wife's kid's Pentium 4... v10 runs ok on that machine, but if there is any real performance difference I will see it on that machine.

Feels very fast on Windows.

Also, if using Windows Server in Standalone/Workstation mode, iTunes 11 won't bork on you.

As to who would run Windows Server that way, someone using it as a straight Hyper-V Server or as a replacement for the now-dead WHS 2011 (in my case, it's actually both).

I have iTunes 11 (x64, of course) playing my Journey playlist (the "Greatest Hits" CD) while doing a reconfiguration of a Windows 7 Ultimate VM in Hyper-V VM. (Yes. At the same time. And this is on a Q6600 with but 4GB of RAM.)

It would be nice if it would match with the appstore icon, but it's not matching! (The white icon in the middle don't have the same border) Shame...

App Store and iTunes icons did match before iTunes 11. Expect the App Store icon to change as well in a future OS X version.

I'm disappointed it's not native 64-bit on Windows though.

What does not native 64-bit mean? I am installing it on Win8 right now and it seems to be 64-bit.

Not bad on Win7x64. Two issues: 1) in order to do ANYTHING productive you have to turn on the menu bar via the top left. Thought they got rid of being able to hide music in the cloud but it is under that menu. 2) not being able to resize thumbnails is a pain in the ass.

I'll have to try it on my MBP later.