iTunes 11 UI

As you know, iTunes 11 coming in october with brand new UI. I looked on apple website and I just noticed that the window having new lighter grey colors, flatter window borders and glassier window control buttons (x - +) with almost no border. Maybe OS X 10.9 design started to appear...?

Those window control buttons starting to look like a little bit retro for me.

New iTunes on Apple.com

rG9aM.jpg

I think it looks quite nice, a definite improvement over what we are used to. It looks great without the sidebar, IMO it was pointless and it makes more sense to have the buttons at the top. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

• Like 2

iTunes updater won't work, insists that 10.6.3 is the newest build. Very strange

iTunes 11 won't be out before late October. You can manually download iTunes 10.7 from Apple Software Update or http://www.apple.com/itunes - it looks largely the same as the current version though.

I hope it's a complete rewrite and not just a GUI update.

iTunes for Mac has already been largely rewritten when Apple added 64-bit support to v10.4. It's the interface that's still largely the same old stuff and needs to be updated. Back when the 64-bit version was released almost everyone here on the forum, including myself, reported massive improvements in performance.

The interface is pretty much the only thing left that truly needs to be redone, on OS X that is.

• Like 2

As you know, iTunes 11 coming in october with brand new UI. I looked on apple website and I just noticed that the window having new lighter grey colors, flatter window borders and glassier window control buttons (x - +) with almost no border. Maybe OS X 10.9 design started to appear...?

Those window control buttons starting to look like a little bit retro for me.

People frequently fail to realize that many pictures on apple.com, including most if not all screen shots, have been adjusted or maybe even redesigned from the ground up to be more suitable for the website and printed PR material. Just take a look at all the OS X Mountain Lion screen shots on apple.com/osx. The interface elements there aren't an exact match with the real deal either: The Menu Bar is almost always opaque and slightly brighter, window control buttons look "glassier", subtile differences in icons and colors in general stand out more. It's pointless to pay much attention to these details until you actually have the new iTunes installed.

• Like 3

Retro? They look pretty similar to what's on the iPhone

I mean the x - + buttons in the top left corner.

People frequently fail to realize that many pictures on apple.com, including most if not all screen shots, have been adjusted or maybe even redesigned from the ground up to be more suitable for the website and printed PR material. Just take a look at all the OS X Mountain Lion screen shots on apple.com/osx. The interface elements there aren't an exact match with the real deal either: The Menu Bar is almost always opaque and slightly brighter, window control buttons look "glassier", subtile differences in icons and colors in general stand out more. It's pointless to pay much attention to these details until you actually have the new iTunes installed.

I know they oversaturate everything on apple.com, but the window itself looks flatter for me... It's somehow strange/different for me.

Maybe OS X 10.9 design started to appear...?

Actually that might be the case. I've noticed apple updating UI changes in itunes well before any other app/os release.

I'm hoping for the Windows version to look somewhat more native than the current version of iTunes/Windows does.

Don't hold your breath on that one.. Appearance wise Apple software on the PC has always tried to look as close as they can get it to it's Native MacOS Brother..

If only they could get the performance to match lol