iTunes 11 UI

Guess they must be waiting for more people to complain about the Energy Saver Prefs in ML before they fix it. It's been out-of-shape since the DPs.

I remember some preferences missing in the early DPs, as far as I recall they all returned.

They returned but they didn't correct the positioning in the preferences window. The options are placed disproportionally high up compared to previous releases. This is how they look in Snow Leopard.

I don't really get why Apple switched to Helvetica for much of the interface. It clashes like crazy with the rest of the OS. I have no issues with the use of drop shadows here. Personally I think it's insane Microsoft got rid of them in Windows 8, especially underneath windows. It makes the desktop way too flat and windows hard to distinguish.

It's kinda funny though how both companies are on two opposite sides of the spectrum though. Apple went overboard with their skeuomorphic design, Microsoft went overboard with removing much of it.

Don't like the font? you can change it, i changed mine to Calibri. ;)

714758870.png

True but it's been there since DP3 or 4. There was a time Apple paid attention to the small details like this.

A large portion of the system icon set has been redrawn in OS X Mountain Lion to have a much crisper appearance, yet Apple lost their attention to detail because there's an extremely minor issue with the Energy Saver preferences? Are you for real here? I'm certain there are more pressing issues taking priority.

A large portion of the system icon set has been redrawn in OS X Mountain Lion to have a much crisper appearance, yet Apple lost their attention to detail because there's an extremely minor issue with the Energy Saver preferences? Are you for real here? I'm certain there are more pressing issues taking priority.

if you're gonna pay attention to detail, they usually pertains to all the details,

it may be a small thing but they should know about it and it should be trivial for them to fix in less than 5 minutes

if you're gonna pay attention to detail, they usually pertains to all the details,

it may be a small thing but they should know about it and it should be trivial for them to fix in less than 5 minutes

Since you accept no margin of error on Apple's part I'm curious to find out if nothing ever slipped under your radar and you execute everything 100% perfectly. When taking quality control, testing, various people working on the same thing, other projects/problems which have a higher priority, etc. into account you'll probably find correcting these bugs takes longer than five minutes.

In the real world things tend to be less black-and-white than you're portraying right now. And honestly, what are we even talking about here? A line of text that's a few pixels too close to the slider above it in the Energy Saver preferences... How much time do you people even spend in there per month?

Since you accept no margin of error on Apple's part I'm curious to find out if nothing ever slipped under your radar and you execute everything 100% perfectly.

what was there to slip under the radar when people were reporting it? that's all we're saying

How to change iTunes default font to Calibri? In Windows?

Edit the Textstyles.plst in notepad or your text editor of choice, replace all instances of Segoe UI with the font available in windows.

also note that the language folders are abbreviated en=english, fr=french and so on. 1337 :shiftyninja:

832598752.png

• Like 2

what was there to slip under the radar when people were reporting it? that's all we're saying

For whatever reason you seem to think this is the most important and/or only thing being brought to Apple's attention. As I said two times already the OS X team most likely has more pressing issues to attend to.

Edit the Textstyles.plst in notepad or your text editor of choice, replace all instances of Segoe UI with the font available in windows.

also note that the language folders are abbreviated en=english, fr=french and so on. 1337 :shiftyninja:

That's pretty neat since it doesn't involve modding system files. (Y)

• 2 weeks later...

So far I must say I'm really loving iTunes 11. The mini player/browser kicks some serious butt. I don't think I could go back.

Hmm... i need to figure out how to set a global hotkey for the mini player search feature.

How would I go about binding control+command+space to the mini browser search globally?

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to prevent iTunes from syncing particular album artwork with iTunes Match? I have two albums that I know are using the wrong album artwork on iTune's database. But every time I manually replace them with the correct artwork, it's been reverted with the next iTunes Match sync.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to Aaron Olive's tip I managed to change the iTunes 11 default font to Lucida Grande! Makes the whole thing fit in more with OS X Mountain Lion if you'd ask me. So far I haven't encountered any weird interface issues.

So how to do it?

1. Simply copy /iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/TextStyles.plist to the desktop
  2. Open the file with Xcode
  3. Use the Xcode Editor's Find/Replace bar (cmd + F) to replace all instances of "HelveticaNeue" with "LucidaGrande". Be sure not to add a space between "Lucida" and "Grande"
  4. Then use the Find/Replace bar to remove all instances of "-Medium" by leaving the replace box empty.

If you have your system language set to something else - let's say Dutch - you'll have to modify TextStyles.plist in the folder Dutch.lproj.

post-128385-0-37044100-1359063852.png