iTunes 11 UI

itunes interface

• Please log in to reply
519 replies to this topic

#496 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

Posted 04 December 2012 - 19:14

The new context menu style looks good. But I thought they made a perfectly usable UI messy and confusing.

#497 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 04 December 2012 - 19:42

The new context menu style looks good. But I thought they made a perfectly usable UI messy and confusing.

Can't say it's messy nor confusing, just different. Apple just released it, give them some time to work out the kinks and incorporate user feedback.

#498 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

Posted 04 December 2012 - 19:51

^^ haha "Apple" and "Incorporate User feedback" should not be used together.

#499 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

Posted 04 December 2012 - 21:58

^^ haha "Apple" and "Incorporate User feedback" should not be used together.

Yet Apple released quite a few updates in the past addressing interface complaints from its userbase. Hell, the entire Aqua interface saw multiple revisions largely based on feedback.

#500 protocol7

protocol7

It's Fumbles. It was always Fumbles.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 23:52

Guess they must be waiting for more people to complain about the Energy Saver Prefs in ML before they fix it. It's been out-of-shape since the DPs.

#501 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

Posted 05 December 2012 - 00:53

Guess they must be waiting for more people to complain about the Energy Saver Prefs in ML before they fix it. It's been out-of-shape since the DPs.

I remember some preferences missing in the early DPs, as far as I recall they all returned.

#502 protocol7

protocol7

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:38

They returned but they didn't correct the positioning in the preferences window. The options are placed disproportionally high up compared to previous releases. This is how they look in Snow Leopard.

#503 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:48

It's definitely an oversight, but hardly a disaster.

#504 protocol7

protocol7

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:59

True but it's been there since DP3 or 4. There was a time Apple paid attention to the small details like this.

#505 Aaron Olive

Aaron Olive

2011 27" iMac

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone 6 Plus

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:04

I don't really get why Apple switched to Helvetica for much of the interface. It clashes like crazy with the rest of the OS. I have no issues with the use of drop shadows here. Personally I think it's insane Microsoft got rid of them in Windows 8, especially underneath windows. It makes the desktop way too flat and windows hard to distinguish.

It's kinda funny though how both companies are on two opposite sides of the spectrum though. Apple went overboard with their skeuomorphic design, Microsoft went overboard with removing much of it.

Don't like the font? you can change it, i changed mine to Calibri. ;)
Posted Image

#506 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

Posted 05 December 2012 - 15:30

True but it's been there since DP3 or 4. There was a time Apple paid attention to the small details like this.

A large portion of the system icon set has been redrawn in OS X Mountain Lion to have a much crisper appearance, yet Apple lost their attention to detail because there's an extremely minor issue with the Energy Saver preferences? Are you for real here? I'm certain there are more pressing issues taking priority.

#507 Kamran Mackey

Kamran Mackey

Apple Fanatic

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 05 December 2012 - 15:58

Yeah...There are a lot of bugs with the "In The Store" thing in the Album view.

#508 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 13
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 05 December 2012 - 16:52

A large portion of the system icon set has been redrawn in OS X Mountain Lion to have a much crisper appearance, yet Apple lost their attention to detail because there's an extremely minor issue with the Energy Saver preferences? Are you for real here? I'm certain there are more pressing issues taking priority.

if you're gonna pay attention to detail, they usually pertains to all the details,
it may be a small thing but they should know about it and it should be trivial for them to fix in less than 5 minutes

#509 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

Posted 05 December 2012 - 17:12

if you're gonna pay attention to detail, they usually pertains to all the details,
it may be a small thing but they should know about it and it should be trivial for them to fix in less than 5 minutes

Since you accept no margin of error on Apple's part I'm curious to find out if nothing ever slipped under your radar and you execute everything 100% perfectly. When taking quality control, testing, various people working on the same thing, other projects/problems which have a higher priority, etc. into account you'll probably find correcting these bugs takes longer than five minutes.

In the real world things tend to be less black-and-white than you're portraying right now. And honestly, what are we even talking about here? A line of text that's a few pixels too close to the slider above it in the Energy Saver preferences... How much time do you people even spend in there per month?

#510 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 13
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 05 December 2012 - 18:36

Since you accept no margin of error on Apple's part I'm curious to find out if nothing ever slipped under your radar and you execute everything 100% perfectly.

what was there to slip under the radar when people were reporting it? that's all we're saying