Is it just me?

First off, I will never switch to an iPhone or any products made by Apple. {period.}

So lets start... lol is it just me or is Android buggy/glitchy as hell?

Btw, I have an HTC Vivid running the latest version that it can handle.

Depends on the version you're using, and if the phone vendor has installed of their own lousy software customisations.

The most recent version (I forget the name, Jellybean maybe - the one that comes with the Nexus 7) is really good. I don't have a high opinion of any version before that.

• Like 1

Depends on the version you're using, and if the phone vendor has installed of their own lousy software customisations.

The most recent version (I forget the name, Jellybean maybe - the one that comes with the Nexus 7) is really good. I don't have a high opinion of any version before that.

Sorry I just edited the OP. I have an HTC Vivid running the latest version that it can handle.

ICS & Jelly Bean are very stable, even GB wasn't to bad on my LG Ally. I actually very much like Andriod, especially the newer flavors. Running JB on my GNex and it's sooo smooth.

• Like 1

I'm still using an old Samsung Captivate.

The stock OSs are really bad. Sadly my phone only runs Android 2.2.

But, ever since I flashed a custom rom, it has felt great. My upgrade comes up next month, October 16th. I will definitely be sticking with Android, and probably get the Galaxy III, and flash it with CyanogenMod. Currently I am using Serendipity, because I am too lazy to flash Cyanogen on this phone, and Serendipity gets the job done.

What I am trying to say is, find a custom rom, and install it. Things will get much better. Not sure if Cyanogen 9 is available for the vivid, nor am I sure if I am allowed to post the XDA link here. But research it, and try it out!

I'm using Jelly Bean on my HTC device and it works like a charm. The only issue I have is that it does not allow me to load the full version of the Facebook web page even if I tick the "load desktop page" option it always redirects me to the damn mobile version which I hate. Other than that I love Android OS.

Android is pretty unstable and buggy. And even when it's an app that has an issue. The android core is poorly coded to handle a crash, and even a compel rely frozen core won't cause a reset, meaning it gets stuck frozen.

I think your opening statement said it all, "I will never switch to a Apple Device" are we supposed to kiss your arse in fanboyship?

Look its technology, I use what is best for whatver task, whether thats Windows, Android, OSX, Linux, whatever, fansboys need to grow up and stop sucking up to the crowd.

My Computer is Windows 7

My webservers are Centos Linux

My Work computers are XP and Windows 7 (and server 2008)

My Phone is iOS

My tablets is Android and iOS

• Like 2

I never really had some issues with Android. I still have the original droid!. I also ran a Samsung one of the cheaper ones that came out last year. It ran good. A few forced closes on some of the standard apps but I live with them.

First step to a happy Android phone experience: Get rid of the default ROM, especially if its a vendor branded one, makes a massive difference

Even a lowly old HTC Buzz can be made snappy with a bit of MTD repartitioning and CyanogenMod. More memory, better memory usage and higher clocks AND better battery life

Only recently got rid of it :)

Android isn't a buggy OS :|

It's more than capable of dealing with app crashes.

I have to join in agreement with the people suggesting moving to AOSP or Cyanogen Mod builds. They are a step and then come ahead of the competition.

Android is pretty unstable and buggy. And even when it's an app that has an issue. The android core is poorly coded to handle a crash, and even a compel rely frozen core won't cause a reset, meaning it gets stuck frozen.

All incorrect. Android itself isn't buggy.

When an app has an issue and crashes, i've just had to press "close" and that's the end of the matter.

If you're experiencing anything to the contrary, i'd say you've got a faulty device.

If you're having crashing, instability, sluggishness and or pretty much any other issues it's one of two things...

1.) Your device sucks. Should have spent the money on a higher model.

2.) You're doing it wrong. (Ie. You're using the stock ROM and or silly apps not properly maintained by their developers)

Same as Windows Phone. Stuff happens

The difference is that when I used my win phone, sure it crashed and locked up, being a HTC piece of crap, but when it did the kernel detected it no rebooted the device. Android does to detect crashes and lock ups, leaving the phone frozen.

HTC (and other manufacturers) like to stick a load of crap on top of Android to make it 'their version'.

Drop it all, root the phone and stick on CyanogenMod and watch a bug free phone materialise before your very eyes!

The difference is that when I used my win phone, sure it crashed and locked up, being a HTC piece of crap, but when it did the kernel detected it no rebooted the device. Android does to detect crashes and lock ups, leaving the phone frozen.

I am yet to crash my Android tablet kernel. I have crashed my Windows Phone kernel about 5 times in the last 2 years.

Android isn't the issue here. It's either your ROM or your provider. The basic Android OS is perfectly fine.

First off, I will never switch to an iPhone or any products made by Apple. {period.}

So lets start... lol is it just me or is Android buggy/glitchy as hell?

Btw, I have an HTC Vivid running the latest version that it can handle.

ASOP ROMs are a lot more stable.

HTC Sense tends to be slow....Id switch like many have said to the stable build of CyanogenMod for your phone.

You might just have a bad phone as well.

• Like 1

2.) You're doing it wrong. (Ie. You're using the stock ROM and or silly apps not properly maintained by their developers)

Isn't that pretty bad though? I mean the LEAST a stock ROM should do is atleast stay stable, since it can't be expected to do anything above and beyond lol

Isn't that pretty bad though? I mean the LEAST a stock ROM should do is atleast stay stable, since it can't be expected to do anything above and beyond lol

Most stock ROMs are stable. Once people start randomly downloading apps and changing settings they know nothing about, of course things start to get a little spastic. People who aren't very savvy tend to download shiny and pretty apps that suck their battery dry, spam them with notifications, tweak things that don't need to be tweaked and then add the regular bloat that carriers and some manufacturers throw in on top of all that.....can see where I'm going.

Don't get me wrong, it's not always the user's fault. However, the majority of the time it is ;)