I've Yahoo!ed, Googled, and Binged my brains out, but I can't seem to come up with a feasible Tethering solution for my iPhone 4S running iOS 6 on Straight Talk. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Without jailbreaking my options are very limited; not to mention AFAIK most tethering tweaks such as TetherMe and MyWi aren't compatible with iOS 6.

My phone shows the "Set Up Personal Hotspot" option but when I select it a screen pops up saying...

Set Up Personal Hotspot

To enable Personal Hotspot on this account, contact AT&T at 611 or visit http://www.att.com/mywireless

[Call]

[Go to Website]

[Cancel]

This doesn't do much for my Straight Talk service.

I've managed to install iTether from Tether.com, but it doesn't work Wirelessly or from iOS device to iOS device, and only works with USB. I need wireless or bluetooth tethering so I can share my connection to my iPad.

I'm not sure there is currently anything out there for iOS 6. My strongest suggestion would be to downgrade to 5.1.1 and either jailbreak or find a way to do it without JB. iOS 6 isn't even "officially" out yet, although some of us (Like you and I) already have it on our phones.

Good luck!

As far as I know, unless you have a tethering plan, it won't work I'm afraid. That's just the [annoying] limitation of iOS. I have a sort of similar problem with that my network is a secondary network, so the iPhone won't recognize that, and won't allow the use of tethering, just moaning to contact the network that mine is based on. You'll either have to contact AT&T and get a tethering plan, or wait until a jailbreak I'm afraid.

as neuroticdave said you have to use jailbreak to do it, and there is no iOS6 jailbreak out, well, there is but its tethered. You are better off going back to 5.1.1 to jailbreak and get something like PDAnet. You have to choose between the newest software or function for the time being

I have StraightTalk as well, and my "Set up personal hotspost" button brings up the same AT&T garbage. StraightTalk doesn't officially support tethering :(. I would pay StraightTalk more if they offered it as a premium feature, but they don't.

I've done some searching on the topic myself and it looks like you will need to either wait for a Jailbreak or downgrade to 5.1.1 and Jailbreak that.

Frankly, I wish I would have kept 5.1.1 and my Jailbreak. The features of iOS 6 just don't out weigh the features I had when I was jailbroken. I used to not care about Jailbreaking my iPhone. Now I have a few reasons

* Tethering

* Adjust white balance from default florescent bulb to something a little easier on my eyes. f.lux is awesome for that.

* iFile to adjust the crappy 15 minute auto-lock my work's exchange forces on me

* BiteSMS

I have StraightTalk as well, and my "Set up personal hotspost" button brings up the same AT&T garbage. StraightTalk doesn't officially support tethering :(. I would pay StraightTalk more if they offered it as a premium feature, but they don't.

I've done some searching on the topic myself and it looks like you will need to either wait for a Jailbreak or downgrade to 5.1.1 and Jailbreak that.

Frankly, I wish I would have kept 5.1.1 and my Jailbreak. The features of iOS 6 just don't out weigh the features I had when I was jailbroken. I used to not care about Jailbreaking my iPhone. Now I have a few reasons

* Tethering

* Adjust white balance from default florescent bulb to something a little easier on my eyes. f.lux is awesome for that.

* iFile to adjust the crappy 15 minute auto-lock my work's exchange forces on me

* BiteSMS

I agree with all those reasons as to why I don't want to upgrade just yet. For my iPad these are not so much of a problem so I will be updating my iPad later to test run ios6.

As Possession mentioned, you won't be able to use the Personal Hotspot feature if you don't have a tethering plan. Your best bet it to downgrade to 5.1.1 and jailbreak and grab TetherMe from Cydia which uses the Personal Hotspot feature but bypasses network plans so even if your plan doesn't allow, it will let you tether your 3G connection.

I don't know what AT&T's current plans are but with my current Verizon Wireless Contract I get Unlimited Data for The Cell Phone itself for $29.99 (Unlimited Data is No Longer Available for Newer 2 Year Contracts however) Plus a 2GB Personal Hotspot for $20.00/$20 for each additional Giga Byte Overage.

By the way It has previously been reported that in addition to AT&T not including Personal Hotspot in their standard plans, they also do not include Face Time in their Standard Plans as well.

By the way It has previously been reported that in addition to AT&T not including Personal Hotspot in their standard plans, they also do not include Face Time in their Standard Plans as well.

That's correct. You need the family share plan to FaceTime over data

Update: Personal Hotspot Automaticly Disabled By Verizon Wireless after Activating my IPhone 5 even though I still have Unlimited 4G LTE Data to to my Month to Month Pricing for the IPhone 5 itself. :-(

P.S. Forgot to mention that from what I read in the Verizon Wireless Forums is that Verizon is Verizon (my Carrier) is Completely Blocking the Personal Hotspot Feature on the IPhone 5 even if you do have the Shared Data Plan, no Exceptions just to let you guys know that if you are looking for a Personal Hotspot with your IPhone 5, Verizon is NOT the Company that you are looking for. :-(

Sorry about the Spelling and Grammer errors, even with the bigger screen, it's still difficult typing messages into this Website on my IPhone 5 with Neowin's Mobile Website, as I am trying to Conserve Data on my USB Modem as I am already at 7.5 out of 10 GB's and my Data does not reset until 10/08/2012. Just FYI.