switzerland swedish parachute failure

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Rippleman

Rippleman

Neowinian Senior

• 3,998 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 14:09

sounds like she (and him) are the type to accept these risks, dying sucks but at least you died doing something you loved doing, too young too soon though.

#17 XerXis

XerXis

Neowinian Senior

• 5,096 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 14:10

I’m not a base jumper but I think many people here are confusing it with sky diving I know jumpers normally work in pairs for safety but I think people are assuming this means a tandem base jump. Hence the secondary shoots etc. No time in base since guys it’s not out of a plane literally not enough time. However I would question the wisdom of doing any sport whilst pregnant.

we don't work in pairs in skydiving too ;), we might jump in pairs (or more) but a few 100 meters before pulling your pilote chute you separate. Staying close is very dangerous and reserved for instructors and their students. So there is no staying in pairs safety rule in either skydiving or basejumping.

#18 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• 7,468 posts
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 17 September 2012 - 14:11

sounds like she (and him) are the type to accept these risks, dying sucks but at least you died doing something you loved doing, too young too soon though.

^^ This.
They all know the risks, hell it's what makes it fun in the first place. It is sad though.

#19 *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 17 September 2012 - 17:07

Well bravo. She got what she wanted. One last time. Too bad she had to murder her kid.