AAPL hits 700 in aftermarket trading

Bubble!?!?

I wish i had stocks of this Bubble you so call. Apple controls hardware and software, and both are top notch. And the bashing still makes them stronger like i usually say they began to rise when they began to itch.

Im glad there is Apple, if my tech world was still depending on windows PC?s i would be a ver sad person behind a desk lol

Apple has had high points before... then low points, this is just another high, at some point it will go down again... it's just the nature of the market... right now I'd be to scared to own large amounts of apple stock bought at those prices.... glad that my stock was bought in the late 90's...

Even at $700 the recommendation is to buy. It will hit $1000 next year.

of course the recommendation is to buy, heck the recommendation for gold right now is to buy, all you have to potentially lose is a ton.. might as well risk it big!

as long as that trend line is going up its buy buy buy!

you seem to hate apple for other reasons than your opinion on its stock price. maybe because how it's controlling, how it litigates or maybe even because they have lied/stretched the truth in their marketing and profited from it, i can understand that but if you think apple is overhyped/bubble then you're wrong.

I'm just basing my opinions on what some reputable investors are saying. I don't care about them either way. What goes up always comes down. Whether it's gonna be through a bubble burst or leveling up is irrelevant.

I'm just basing my opinions on what some reputable investors are saying. I don't care about them either way. What goes up always comes down. Whether it's gonna be through a bubble burst or leveling up is irrelevant.

Not true. Apple could very well turn out to be a "forever" stock. Yeah it will have it's ups and downs depending on the market as a whole, but as long as they keep releasing new products, they probably won't make a downfall. Same applies to Google and Microsoft but too a lesser extent due to differing business models.

levelling up = comes down?

and how can you really believe anything what the analysts tell you whether it's for or against the company? as you contended, they are only there for money, greed, and just to screw over the little guy.

moreover, if the stock hypothetically goes up to $1,000 before going back down to $950/share, are you going to declare that you were right because it came down? what is your "threshold" anyways? 'coz i remember your posts when apple was around $300/share that it's too expensive and it'll come down... it's more than double now. by your advice, one should just stay away from the stock market entirely and only stick to savings and bonds for growing their money.

right.. leveling down is what I meant.

This is why Apple is still able to sell a lot of devices.. it has very little to do with the product and everything about hype. A hype that will undoubtably go away.

People would have the same phone and still think it's better. But this type of illusion and hype based sales of products and iterative designs that are basically the same device over and over again, don't last forever.

and how can you really believe anything what the analysts tell you whether it's for or against the company? as you contended, they are only there for money, greed, and just to screw over the little guy.

Not everyone..and it's not "analysts".. it's INVESTORS and guys who have been doing this for a loooong time. I posted links already but there are many other pretty big hedge guys and investors who see it as well. It's not ALL or nothing type of deal.. there are still those objective ones who can see what's happening.

you do realize there is more to the company than iterative designs? they make software that people find intuitive and easy to use and they allow 3rd party developers to make the rest for people. they wrap it up with design and deliver it with hardware that is aesthetically pleasing to people enough that they will pay a premium for it. yeah there are *always* some fanboys who can't tell one thing from another, and a lot just follow the trend as well, but now that the devices are being deployed in enterprises, institutes and selling by the millions, are you going to call them ALL isheep?

from a business standpoint, they control most of the variables in the vertical integration and actually make it work. there are very few companies who are able to pull that off because it's incredibly difficult to manage, so most just settle to be one part of it. and nobody is stopping other companies to use whatever they have in their arsenal whether they are patents, intellectual property, design, operations, software, hardware, marketing to compete with apple. if they haven't been successful, you can't fault apple for that. it's not like any of them thought "oh, i shouldn't do this because it's morally wrong", it's simply that they either didn't think of the idea before or couldn't deliver it well enough for people to buy it as much (for ex: tablets in 2001).

you can argue that apple bullied with its legal pitbulls and patents suing everyone that came their way but it's exactly what any other company would have done if they had the technology (and rights) instead of apple. hell, microsoft makes good pocket money from practically every android phone that's sold. again, it's business.

and in case you missed my appended post, i'll paste the rest here:

if the stock hypothetically goes up to $1,000 before going back down to $950/share, are you going to declare that you were right because it came down? what is your "threshold" anyways? 'coz i remember your posts when apple was around $300/share that it's too expensive and it'll come down... it's more than double now. by your advice, one should just stay away from the stock market entirely and only stick to savings and bonds for growing their money.