Little Big Planet Vita

So I did not make the effort to make this an [Official] thread (perhaps I will revisit it as time goes on), but I just have to say, Little Big Planet for the Vita so far is pretty damn amazing.

LittleBigPlanet-PS-Vita-box-art-300x381.jpg

I guess GameFly did not get the memo the game is supposed to be released on the 25th, so there it was in my mailbox today, which itself is amazing as they shipped it on Saturday. :laugh:

IGN has reviewed it, and there first paragraph sums up my feelings so far perfectly...

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita is LittleBigPlanet in your pocket. The importance of this cannot be overstated. From now on, whenever you're bored or in transit, you'll have story levels to beat for special prizes, versus games like air hockey for you and the person next to you to play on the same touch screen, and -- potentially -- a nearly infinite supply of user-created games unlike anything this franchise has ever seen. Saying LittleBigPlanet works quite well as a PlayStation Vita game is an understatement.

So yeah, the game is pretty damn remarkable. Visuals are nearly identical to it's PS3 counterpart. Truly it is pretty much the best looking Vita game to date (not that there is a whole lot of competition, but still worth noting).

As the last sentence of the IGN paragraph states, the game works quite well on the Vita indeed. The touch screen stuff with just the PopIt is a perfect fit.

Full IGN Review Here with Video Review - 9/10

This is naturally my very initial impressions, but the game seems to be truly a perfect fit on the Vita. I have pretty much already made the decision to keep it now through Gamefly. Seems like a no brainer this one belongs in my permanent library of Vita games.

Am curious to hear what other people think once they get their hands on it. This pretty much looks to be the first killer app on the Vita though. Real, real curious to see the user created levels, as that will truly extend the life of this game for a long, long time to come.

Yeah, reading through Destructoid's review (can't pull the link up at work, but it should be easy to find) was pretty interesting. They basically called it the best game in the LittleBigPlanet franchise, and they credited that largely to the touch controls. Having the game on a portable system helps as well, since you no longer have to sit down at your console for the sole purpose of creating a level. You can just work away at it for little 5-10 minute intervals here and there.

I'm sure that I'll pick this up sooner or later. I've always liked the LittleBigPlanet games (primarily in a group setting, but it can be fun as a solo game), and this seems like a good fit for the Vita. Still working through Persona 3, but I think this will be next on my list.

i'll admit that LBP is a game the Vita needs. It's not for me, personally. I have LBP1 on PS3, and liked it at the time. After that game, however, i couldnt' get excited about other versions/sequels.

It's a brilliant game and probably the best of the series, the touch controls don't seem forced at all and work really well. Finished the campaign, just to get all the bubbles and ace the levels now :)

It's a great game. Having a lot of fun playing through the levels but feel they are much harder than their PS3 counterparts (similar to how LBP PSP was, I suppose). It was fun to be part of the BETA and really like the improvements they have made since. Front/rear touch combined with the Tilt make for some awesome levels. It's a real shame that they didn't enable a method to import your old profile from LBP1/2 so to have access to all those old goodies in the Create mode but at least I'm getting a few extra costumes via cross-buy - they added Cannibal (from PotC pack) to EU, this week lol. Can't wait to see how this LBP pans out especially with LBPK launch so close now (? la Uncharted haha), although I'll probably return to LBP2 when the cross-controller DLC pack drops...

Pumped to hear it's a worthwhile addition to the LBP library and not a rushed release.

btw, the game was originally slated for June but was pushed back due to late improvements - probably also due to cross-buy announcements...

i've never played LBP before, I'm actually kinda looking forward to picking this up for my Vita to see what all the rave is about :)

i've never played LBP before, I'm actually kinda looking forward to picking this up for my Vita to see what all the rave is about :)

Hopefully you won't be disappointed. I've loved them all, but this one just feels better than the rest. Graphically one of the better titles on the Vita too.