Spamming in the jokes section

Hello

People now keep on posting topics about jokes which are just plain trolling and not being funny. I know everyone's humor isnt the same but in my and other members' opinion, these things should not be allowed.

Opinions?

Hello

People now keep on posting topics about jokes which are just plain trolling and not being funny. I know everyone's humor isnt the same but in my and other members' opinion, these things should not be allowed.

Opinions?

You should provide an example of those threads.

Hello

People now keep on posting topics about jokes which are just plain not funny. I know everyone's humor isnt the same but in my and other members' opinion, these things should not be allowed.

Opinions?

Anything Warwagon or Turion post :o

As a side note, 1st Amendment doesn't apply in this case.. In case you weren't aware -_-

• Like 2

As a side note, 1st Amendment doesn't apply in this case.. In case you weren't aware -_-

Being a privately owned website, our Community Rules are what governs what is acceptable or not here. What is amusing to one member may not be to another, but that isn't enough to take action against the poster. If the post is truly spamming, our staff will take action against the offending entry. Anyone can also use the Report function to alert staff, if there is a concern.

Thanks! (Y)

• Like 4

I agree completely. There are a couple of people specifically that seem to use the "Jokes and Funny Stuff" as a dumping ground for anything. A prime example was a thread titled "toothbrush" and the post just said something like, "where did I put it?" It was blatantly not a joke, and that is my issue. I can understand a joke that - in my opinion - isn't funny, that's fine. As the forum states, humour is subjective. But if I start a thread called "I like bungee jumping" and then post a picture of someone on a space hopper, it's obviously not an attempt at humour.

EDIT: That's a good point, Barney. I'm going to head to J&FS now and start working my way through the threads with a report button.

Hello

Opinions?

Only 58 posts and you poke a stick at the hornets nest :)

Even if some of the jokes arent that funny... they are still a break from other boring tasks...

Being a privately owned website, our Community Rules are what governs what is acceptable or not here. What is amusing to one member may not be to another, but that isn't enough to take action against the poster. If the post is truly spamming, our staff will take action against the offending entry. Anyone can also use the Report function to alert staff, if there is a concern.

Thanks! (Y)

I'm curious as to why you've quoted my posts given you've agreed with what I said O.o

But if I start a thread called "I like bungee jumping" and then post a picture of someone on a space hopper, it's obviously not an attempt at humour.

But that's something warwagon would find hilarious!

• Like 2

Well, we all have different ideas of humour. I can only applaud that.

That being said, just because the first ten replies are denigrating the poster does not mean the intention wasn't to provide humour.

I am referring to Turions' joke about the brick, I remember the original joke from way back when, which was a very long winded story. So I will admit that I laughed at the potato line.

Also, Warwagons jokes are funny just because he posted them, you already know they'll probably make no sense. Who else could have become the butt of bad jokes, seriously? I mean, now we have a warwagon scale. That's funny!

Anyway, that's me out. Need to sober up! :shifty:

Well, we all have different ideas of humour. I can only applaud that.

That being said, just because the first ten replies are denigrating the poster does not mean the intention wasn't to provide humour.

I am referring to Turions' joke about the brick, I remember the original joke from way back when, which was a very long winded story. So I will admit that I laughed at the potato line.

Also, Warwagons jokes are funny just because he posted them, you already know they'll probably make no sense. Who else could have become the butt of bad jokes, seriously? I mean, now we have a warwagon scale. That's funny!

Anyway, that's me out. Need to sober up! :shifty:

URL PLZ NAO!!!!

Even if some of the jokes arent that funny... they are still a break from other boring tasks...

The thing is that warwagon's jokes are that jokes. Even though they are horrible, as said, humor is different for everyone.

But there are threads like Intrinsica which contain NO joke, in any way shape or form, and are just blatant spam. Those are the ones that need to stop.

URL PLZ NAO!!!!

For?

If it's the Turion joke, go here. The original joke that I can remember had no reference to a potato though.

i think people need to sort of get over themselves though, one mans joke is another's suicide note! :laugh:

For?

If it's the Turion joke, go here. The original joke that I can remember had no reference to a potato though.

i think people need to sort of get over themselves though, one mans joke is another's suicide note! :laugh:

Imagine if more members start doing it: Think of what the jokes section will end up like.

Thats the issue at hand :)

For?

Thanks.. that's what I meant ;-)

If something isn't funny or appealing to you then why make fuss about it publicly? Does it really affect your day that much to create a thread about it instead of privately speaking to a Mod through PM? Lighten up people.

If something isn't funny or appealing to you then why make fuss about it publicly? Does it really affect your day that much to create a thread about it instead of privately speaking to a Mod through PM? Lighten up people.

As I said earlier though, I can understand if a joke is posted and I don't find it funny. That's fine, humour is subjective. But if you've browsed the J&FS forum recently you may have noticed several threads that were created which were nothing but random phrases. Now if people don't have a problem with that then I will happily go and created 26 threads, each thread just containing a letter of the alphabet, nothing more. But the point is that such threads are spam and shouldn't be allowed.

Since the main culprits have been named, I may as well offer this to prove the point. Warwagon's jokes aren't the funniest in the world, but I can at least see how they are jokes. Some of the threads that Turion has posted in the J&FS section though...well, they appear to follow my idea of creating threads with the alphabet in them. Even when people ask for an explanation as to how the post is supposed to be considered a joke, there is no response (leading me to believe that Turion just wrote the post for the sake of writing something rather than actually aiming for humour).

So yes, we could just sit back and think, "y'know what, I'm not going to pay attention to anything that Turion posts in the J&FS section because I know it won't be a joke." But there are still people that visit the forum, and they will enter a post like that and think, "wow, is this the quality of content that the Neowin members post?"

• Like 1

Hrmm interesting discussion I can see both points of view. Perhaps people should just stop feeding the trolls? Since we're talking names though warwagons have reached cult status though and don't tell him but I get a laugh out of some of them and if not that then the badness of them is cringeworthily amusing.

• Like 2