(Resolved) [Access] Access Database opening in design mode

Question

I have an Access Database that everyone was able to access last month. I then had an issue where one user was only getting what appears to be design mode, on the same PC she is able to login as another account and the database runs properly. Myself and another tested and we are not able to get it to run either. The user is on an XP machine x32 and I am on Windows 7 x64. there are still some users able to access this with no issue the last I checked. I tried copying the ODBC connections from the working user to me but it still opens the same way. Would appreciate any guidance as to what would cause this. The last time it was accessible was 7/30/2012.

Thanks,

Issue resolved, turns out there were two versions of the database a local and a lan. The LAN version was not the right version.

Edited by littleneutrino

12 answers to this question

Other people can use the file just fine, (the file is hosted on a server that lots of people can access. there are currently 2 users that are unable to open it normally

Ok, being that it is happening on certain profiles on certain machines but not on other profiles on the same machine, have you looked at the individual user settings like macro settings (like I mentioned before)?

This issue is now resolved. Turned out there was a local and a lan version of the database and we were running the wrong one.