Photo

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#16 leesmithg

leesmithg

The Major!

• 9,493 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 17:43

Takes a very special kind of scumbag to target Police Officers.

It takes a scumbag to target anyone if they're kozzers or civilians.

Not all kozzers are honest and up-standing.

Read about the one that thieved from my local ASDA here

#17 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,307 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 17:44

No one said everyone was safe, everyone is SAFER thanks to gun ban.

What does a gun ban have to do with this thread anyway, the guy was in an EMPTY house.

Wonder how many people were killed in America today thanks to guns.

Everyone says they feel safe in the u.k when they reply back to me on something gun related. I guess they've never lived in Manchester.

#18 +jamesyfx

jamesyfx

Neowinian Senior

• 8,383 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 18 September 2012 - 17:46

Everyone says they feel safe in the u.k when they reply back to me on something gun related. I guess they've never lived in Manchester.

I live in Manchester.

In fact, I live in Tameside. :p

It's not like gun crime happens all the time. I've lived here 25 years and I've never even seen any gun or knife crime before. it's actually quite safe, depending which areas you go to. If you're wandering around the streets of Moss Side during the night you're bound to come across crime, but other than that you can go about your business without needing to be on alert.

Of course these events do show that occasionally things go sour and innocent people die, but it's not as common as you may be suggesting.

#19 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 17:47

Safe from being murdered by guns yeah.

#20 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

• 8,896 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 17:48

Doesn't take long for the Uk people to jump on American's backs. that's for sure.

In case you didn't notice, this has NOTHING TO DO WITH AMERICA OR AMERICANS.

#21 +imachip

imachip

Neowinian

• 1,042 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 17:49

Sigh this is silly. Anyone could die this way, if someone wanted them lured into a house even if the two officers had firearms, they'd have still died.

They were surprised by an ambush of a grenade plus a gun, I doubt they had any time to react at all.

#22 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,307 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 17:50

I live in Manchester.

In fact, I live in Tameside. :p

It's not like gun crime happens all the time. I've lived here 25 years and I've never even seen any gun or knife crime before. it's actually quite safe, depending which areas you go to. If you're wandering around the streets of Moss Side during the night you're bound to come across crime, but other than that you can go about your business without needing to be on alert.

Of course these events do show that occasionally things go sour and innocent people die, but it's not as common as you may be suggesting.

I lived in north highlands CA one of the worst crime ridden spots in sacramento and possibly northern california, Murders,mugging and home invasions happen there a lot. Did I see a gun or a knife out in the open? NOPE. Does that mean its safe. Nope. If you wonder around happy go lucky in the ghetto you're bound to get into some trouble and I have a feeling its the same way there. Saying its safe is just being in denial. Realist don't live in a fish bowl. You may not be a victim of a gun crime but you possibly could be killed by a knife or beaten to the brink of death by a group of thugs. Pick your poison. If i'm not mistaken the U.K has some of the worst crime rates in Europe.

#23 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

• 8,896 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 17:54

I lived in north highlands CA one of the worst crime ridden spots in sacramento and possibly northern california, Murders,mugging and home invasions happen there a lot. Did I see a gun or a knife out in the open? NOPE. Does that mean its safe. Nope. If you wonder around happy go lucky in the ghetto you're bound to get into some trouble and I have a feeling its the same way there. Saying its safe is just being in denial. Realist don't live in a fish bowl.

Yet again. Manchester is not California. :rolleyes:

#24 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,307 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 17:55

Yet again. Manchester is not California. :rolleyes:

Yet again you fail to comprehend what i'm talking about. Ghetto is ghetto. You're not safe in the ghetto and if you think so you're in denial. Ghettos have low home values for a reason.

#25 FlintyV

FlintyV

Neowinian Senior

• 2,377 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 17:58

Yet again you fail to comprehend what i'm talking about. Ghetto is ghetto. You're not safe in the ghetto and if you think so you're in denial. Ghettos have low home values for a reason.

Yet again another thread becomes about gun control... I'm sure there's already a pretty lengthy thread about that somewhere?

#26 Azusa

Azusa

Neowinian Senior

• 10,000 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 18:02

really i don't feel very safe not sure where they live but i have heard that we have had a drive by and there is a road sign here with a bullet hole in it.

#27 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,972 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 18 September 2012 - 18:04

Hardened or not the criminal still got access to the gun. Proving that if someone wants a gun bad enough they will get it regardless of the law.

That is completely irrelevant to the point I made. Although we still have tragic events like this the UK is still safer as a result of current restrictions. Criminals are still able to get hold of illegal weapons but it is dramatically more difficult to do so, which in turn reduces the risk to the public. The police also take a very tough stance of firearms offences, which again minimises the risk to the public. You repeat the same rhetoric but fail to appreciate that the UK is safer because of current laws.

#28 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,307 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 18:12

That is completely irrelevant to the point I made. Although we still have tragic events like this the UK is still safer as a result of current restrictions. Criminals are still able to get hold of illegal weapons but it is dramatically more difficult to do so, which in turn reduces the risk to the public. The police also take a very tough stance of firearms offences, which again minimises the risk to the public. You repeat the same rhetoric but fail to appreciate that the UK is safer because of current laws.

You fail to appreciate anything we have to say as well. You point to the U.K and act as if the same thing could be done universally which is not the case its not as simplistic as that. Criminals don't care about tough laws if they did this person wouldn't have killed these two people. This guy is a mad man the same type of person that shot those people in colorado and if i was a betting man i'd bet he would of killed more than those two officers if he was given the chance. Laws will never stop mad men.

#29 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,972 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 18 September 2012 - 18:14

Criminals don't care about tough laws if they did this person wouldn't have killed these two people.

And yet the UK and other European countries are safer. You're advocating a failed policy.

#30 FlintyV

FlintyV

Neowinian Senior

• 2,377 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 18:14

This guy is a mad man the same type of person that shot those people in colorado and if i was a betting man i'd bet he would of killed more than those two officers if he was given the chance. Laws will never stop mad men.

He turned himself in ...