• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 22 September 2012 - 13:47

Not exactly, they had him pre-order a game and they going to try to "switch" the game pre-order to a deluxe after (since the money will be in the system), there still a chance this falls through.

Ahh I see, the old Gamestop switcheroo, that is how they talked me into getting the Basic. So yeah, he might not have it at all. Got it now.

#17 OP vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 November 2012 - 18:53

well my Wii U already shipped... although the weight of the box is odd, they are claiming the shipping weight is a whole 2.4 lbs... seriously? 2.4 lbs?

#18 ~Johnny

~Johnny

Earthling

Posted 16 November 2012 - 18:59

well my Wii U already shipped... although the weight of the box is odd, they are claiming the shipping weight is a whole 2.4 lbs... seriously? 2.4 lbs?

A curiosity, it comes out on Sunday right - do US delivery companies deliver on Sundays?

#19 OP vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 November 2012 - 19:09

A curiosity, it comes out on Sunday right - do US delivery companies deliver on Sundays?

no, its going to be delivered Monday morning according to tracking

#20 OP vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 November 2012 - 19:14

to add some more what the to it, I also ordered a new MS Ergonomic 4000 keyboard from Newegg and its shipping weight is 5 lbs.. a keyboard weights more then a gaming system with a screen? :rofl:

#21 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 16 November 2012 - 19:18

they've had the Wii U on display at my local GameStop for a couple weeks now, and I can say from personally checking it out that the tablet controller feels almost weightless, maybe half to three quarters of a pound in just itself

plus, the current model Wii isn't very heavy ether

so I'd say it's believable that the console and controller together weigh about two and a half pounds

#22 Travis959

Travis959

Neowinian

Posted 16 November 2012 - 19:24

UPS is reporting 9.30lbs for my package and it's only the Wii U premium edition in the box.

#23 ~Johnny

~Johnny

Earthling

Posted 16 November 2012 - 19:24

The Wii U machine itself weighs 1.5KG, which is already more than 2 and half pounds. Then you have almost 500 grams for the controller so you're upto 2KG, and then you have too add the power bricks for both the controller and the console, and then the packaging the rather weighty instruction manual. I'd say the package as a whole easily goes over 3KG... so yeah, there's something up with that shipping weight :p

#24 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 16 November 2012 - 19:27

The Wii U machine itself weighs 1.5KG, which is already more than 2 and half pounds. Then you have almost 500 grams for the controller so you're upto 2KG, and then you have too add the power bricks for both the controller and the console, and then the packaging the rather weighty instruction manual. I'd say the package as a whole easily goes over 3KG... so yeah, there's something up with that shipping weight :p

haha right, i didn't think about the power bricks and that :rofl:

#25 OP vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 November 2012 - 20:30

maybe they reported the wrong weight to UPS :laugh: I've seen people try that in the past to get around shipping costs, not realizing UPS weighs everything as it goes through the system then sends you a bill later.. I've had computes before come from Dell that are listed at 15 lbs when the box weighs 30.. never got why they do that

#26 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:42

Unfortunately my Deluxe is not supposed to arrive until Wednesday or Friday. It has not even shipped yet so I cannot track it. However the good news is I have off from work Wed-Fri, so really hope it does arrive on Wednesday.
I do have the basic preordered as well at Gamestop which I can just go pick up on Sunday, Going to try and make a few bucks off it if possible from someone who really wants one.

#27 S00N3R FR3AK

S00N3R FR3AK

Champion

Posted 18 November 2012 - 00:15

Paid is all off yesterday, I hate how they don't give Nintendo stuff midnight releases but I understand why.

#28 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:12

I haven't ordered one yet. I am going to wait a bit until some of the content gets released. I'm never a beta tester any more.

#29 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:34

I was not planning on doing so since I have it preordered, but now I am thinking of showing up at Gamestop a bit earlier than before opening, just in case somehow they have a couple of deluxes to upgrade to.

#30 Nightz

Nightz

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:41

So I guess I won't be able to just walk into a store anytime soon and just pick up a Deluxe version huh? Wasn't planning to get one at launch, but my wife and I were at the mall yesterday and she played the demo unit at Gamestop, and fell in love with it. This morning she asked if we could get one lol.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!