Neowin writers make themselves look like idiots

The next person who writes an article for Neowin deserves to be kicked in the shin, twice. The way that they write articles calling out groups of people and labeling them as "looking like idiots" not only makes the writers themselves look dumb, but it lowers the IQ of those around them. If you need an example of writers saying that groups of people sound dumb, look here.

News writers could write a factually incorrect article, they could write an article that only three people read, but that's not the point. The point is that writers at Neowin tanked when they started saying groups of people look like idiots and that they should be kicked in the shins.

Take a quality news source for a spin. It will not label people idiots. It won't resort to childish personal attacks as a replacement for intelligent discussion. For those of you who have read The Onion, you know exactly what articles filled with personal attacks look like, and Neowin's most recent editorial reflects that style.

The next time a news writer says that a group of people look like idiots, make sure to call them out for their inability to create an original and genuine argument.

Parody reflecting the style of "Calling WIndows 8 the next Vista makes you look like an idiot" article

• Like 1

If you have a problem with my writing, instead of complaining like a toddler whose mother will not buy him ice cream in public, you can PM me and i will happily discuss the merits behind the editorial in a mature fashion.

Passive aggressive posts are so freaking annoying, if you have an issue go after the individual in a polite way...and if you have trouble finding my contact information, then I am sorry, I can't help you.

If you have a problem with my writing, instead of complaining like a toddler whose mother will not buy him ice cream in public, you can PM me and i will happily discuss the merits behind the editorial in a mature fashion.

Passive aggressive posts are so freaking annoying, if you have an issue go after the individual in a polite way...and if you have trouble finding my contact information, then I am sorry, I can't help you.

It's obvious that you think you are correct in writing like you do, so I do not see how arguing with you would go anywhere. If you didn't think what you're doing is right, then you wouldn't have wrote the article.

Kind of rich coming from someone who writes for WMPowerUser.

Have one of our writers called anyone idiots in an article? (I'm personally curious, I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if they did hehe)

Nevertheless, I don't stand behind every action that our other writers make. I disagree with them plenty of times :)

People that like to discuss things in private are normally ashamed of there own actions. - Me =)

People that like to discuss things in private are normally ashamed of there own actions. - Me =)

If bdsams admits that he made a mistake (everyone makes mistakes!) and shouldn't have written that article with the childish name calling, then the right thing to do would be to write a new apology article stating that he made a mistake.

We won't trash you for admitting that you did something wrong!

• Like 1

Wait a second, you write for WMPoweruser and are trolling here, GTFO dude; writers don't openly troll other writers.

Um, where did you hear that "writers don't openly troll other writers"? Is there some secret handbook of "laws" pertaining to writer-writer interaction?

If you have a problem with an article I write, I don't care if you post on the forums saying that I'm incorrect. I know that I make mistakes, everyone does. I don't mind someone pointing out my mistakes. The important thing is, I will learn from my mistakes and not make the same mistake twice.

What a clown.

WMPoweruser is always full of well thought out, highly researched articles...oh wait. :rolleyes:

Once again, I am simply *one* of ~5 writers at WMPoweruser. I am not the owner. I have no control over what our other writers write. If I were the owner of WMPoweruser, then you could definitely say that I am responsible for what you are claiming.

Do you have a problem with an article that I personally wrote on WMPoweruser? I'd love to hear what I did wrong, I'm always willing to improve and I certainly can make mistakes!

Here's the problem, what you wrote above is not constructive criticism, it's a blatant troll post. Also, you have your own front page, my editorial is a response to the 5 posts I linked to in the first paragraph that call Windows 8 the next Vista.

I am open to honest critics or concerns, but that is not what you are providing here, it's a direct attack on all Neowin writers, you didn't even target my post and/or me.

And I would suggest you talk to any other writer who has been around for more than 5 minutes about trilling, hell, you know what, here is a post on it from TC: http://techcrunch.com/2011/01/16/blog-fight-rules-of-engagement/

Nevertheless, I don't stand behind every action that our other writers make. I disagree with them plenty of times :)

Dude.

Charity begins at home.

People in glass houses.

Pot. Kettle.