Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

7 posts in this topic

h3E6y70.png

Gunn announced his hiring on his Facebook page by releasing this statement:

For a month or so there?s been a lot of Internet speculation about my involvement with Marvel?s Guardians of the Galaxy. Until now I haven?t said anything, because I?m trying to be less expulsive about this project than I am about the rest of my life. But last night I got the go-ahead from Kevin Feige to let you all know that, yes, indeed, I am rewriting and directing Guardians of the Galaxy. As a lifelong lover of Marvel comics, space epics, AND raccoons, this is the movie I?ve been waiting to make since I was nine years old. Kevin, Joss, and all the folks at Marvel have been amazing collaborators so far, and we?re committed to bringing you something majestic, beautiful, and unique.

I am incredibly excited. I am also incredibly grateful to the fans and the press for all their words of encouragement and support regarding my involvement with this project since the news first leaked. Thanks ? you have, honestly, touched and overwhelmed me. And that?s it for now. Other than the occasional photos of my dog and cat here on Facebook, I?ll talk to you again in August 2014 when Guardians is released!

Last week, Joss Whedon commented on what we can expect from Gunn?s take on the material:

?He has a very twisted take on it, but it all comes from a real love for the material. It?s going to be hard for the humans to keep up. I know he?s going to come from left field and I?m going to go, ?What?? And then, ?Of course, why didn?t I think of that?? And then I?m going to beat him!?

[x]

Deadline reports that Marvel Studios has a short list of actors for the lead role of 'Star-Lord' in Guardians of the Galaxy. They have reportedly confirmed that Joel Edgerton (Warrior), Jack Huston (Boardwalk Empire), Jim Sturgess (Cloud Atlas), Lee Pace (The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey) and Eddie Redmayne (Les Miserables) have all signed test deals for the lead role of 'Peter Quill'. However, while all of them are currently in the running, they are also said to be interested in Garrett Hedlund (Tron Legacy), James Marsden (X-Men) and Sullivan Stapleton (Animal Kingdom). We're obviously at a very early stage of casting at this point, but which of these actors do you guys think would be the best choice?

pjtmqjfs.jpg

pji1hmyu.jpg

Pushing Daisies star Lee Pace confirms he's one of several actors currently auditioning for the part of team leader Star Lord, otherwise known as Peter Quill:

"I go in on Monday to meet them all and audition for it, so wish me luck. I'm very excited about it. The script is great. The character is a lot of fun. I have been [reading up on Star-Lord]. You want to know what you're doing. The character is a lot of fun. I hope it works out... We'll see. We'll see. I've got to audition. I've got to go get it. I actually love auditioning, so I'm happy to go meet them all and do it."

Zachary Levi & Jim Sturgess Frontrunners For ?Star-Lord? In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

While five actors were tested reportedly weeks ago, the shortlist for the lead in Marvel Studios? James Gunn-directed Guardians of the Galaxy movie has narrowed down to just two, or perhaps three. Hollywood trade paper Variety now reports that English Cloud Atlas actor Jim Sturgess and Chuck star Zachary Levi are front-runners for the Guardians leader Peter Quill AKA Star-Lord.

Zachary Levi, 32, was not included on the previous shortlist, unlike Jim Sturgess, 31. And despite already having a role in Marvel?s shared universe, per Thor: The Dark World as Fandral the Dashing, sources of Variety claim Marvel is impressed with his Star-Lord test and ?open to continuing their relationship.? The source also reports that even though Levi & Sturgess are indeed front-runners, an ?unnamed third actor may be tested after the holidays.?

35nhW.png

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=71645

Brian Michael Bendis Talks THE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

Bendis neither confirms or denies the rumor of Iron Man appearing in GotG but explains why the idea has a few merits, at least from his personal viewpoint.

Bendis: Tony standing back and wondering what the Earth needs from him? what he can do for the Earth, for the galaxy? and then taking that back into his next Avengers adventure is a good story worth telling with Tony Stark.

Bendis also comments on another rumor. This time on the two candidates thought to be up for the voice of Rocket Raccoon, Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey.

Bendis: Adam Sandler would be good, but Jason Statham would be good also.

Oh man.... I'll hold off on my judgements. But this is going to land on either side of the epic scale.

1 person likes this

Oh man.... I'll hold off on my judgements. But this is going to land on either side of the epic scale.

I feel this might be awesome because its more minor marvel league in terms of heroes, I can't wait to see what they do with the Guardians