Resident Evil 6 demo out today!

Well, I bought the game and I have played it a little bit.

... It's really quite upsetting just how poor the game is compared to 4 and 5. The game just feels like it was rushed. It has no personality, and everything feels a bit flat. There's very little interactivity, and the level design is dull as dishwater too.

Some textures are that shockingly bad that I waited a moment as I thought the textures hadn't loaded yet. But they had. They were just really that bad. Frankly the game looks unfinished. It feels more like a beta version than a final release.

Meh, I am severely disappointed. Don't buy this game. :p I've played every major Resident Evil game and have played them until the end more than once. This will be the first time I won't.

Dang. Not even going to finish it?

To be honest the way the storyline and campaigns run it's difficult to find the motivation to finish the game completely. You basically have 4 campaigns that have the same plot but done with different characters going different ways. There is some variety here but essentially you beat the main antagonist at the end of the very first campaign (if you play as Leon, anyway).

I honestly do not get all the hate for the game. I get it is a total departure from the series, but not really even, as it is a progression of games 4 & 5.

It is not coming off as great by any means, but so far it is not bad at all. Granted I only played about 60 minutes so far, but I want to keep on playing.

Most of the hate is simply trolling. To me it's the Devil May Cry 2 of Resident Evil.

It's not THAT bad as far as games go but as it's under the Resident Evil brand, you expect a lot more.

Well, I got to play the demo on my nephew's console and I must say, it really isn't that bad. I was expecting something different but it wasn't bad.