Chameleon Launcher now available on Google Play for $10

chameleon.jpg

Chameleon is a revolutionary tablet-specific launcher that lets you create multiple home screens, each with your own layout of widgets and apps. The Chameleon system includes an innovative context based home screen system giving you the most relevant information that you want, when you want it.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/18/chameleon-launcher-1.0-google-play/

Get it on GooglePlay: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chameleonlauncher

Vanilla Android does this, whats the point.

Wasn't aware Vanilla Android looked like that, or had an API that allowed for widgets to be built using standard web tech. It's actually pretty neat, had for almost a month on my Xoom.

Seems cool and all but i wont pay 10$ for a launcher app which i won't even be able to use on my phone cause its tablet specific.

Obviously, why would anyone buy software when they don't have the right hardware to run it??

I'm using it since beta and it's really nice. You guys probably spend 10 bucks (or more) with more stupid stuff like I do (cigarrets for example :( ) so it isn't that much

Said "hell with it" and bought a copy a few minutes ago. It's not too shabby really, a bit Metro-eque perhaps but an interesting change of pace from the usual wall of icons or mismatched widget mashup. Only been fooling with it for a few minutes, haven't delved into creating my own widgets yet but (so far) not regretting the purchase.. seems pretty smooth on this older Kindle Fire with JB.

Oh and there's an widget API now. You can make your own widget for whatever you like (you'll need some skills with html, css, js - most designers and webdevs should be able to, I'm not either and I'm making my own) - chameleonlauncher.com/widgets/makeawidget/