Fable: The Journey

51wa0nMWDQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The demo is out now on Xbox Live...so has anyone tried it? Initially I was content on writing off this game, but after deciding to download the demo during a spout of boredom, I was actually quite surprised at how competently it controls and plays, especially for a Kinect "adventure style" game. The others I've tried (like Haunt, Rise of Nightmares), have been, well, nightmares to control properly and have just left me turning off the console after battling with trying to navigate and successfully play the game. But this is one of the few games where I can safely say the Kinect controls just work. It's not 100% perfect, but it's got to a point where control frustrations aren't there enough to detract from the experience like other titles I've tried.

I wasn't that interested in buying it, but after playing the demo, and with the the fact that you can actually play it sitting down... I might actually buy it now. The graphics aren't terrible, and it was legitimately fun to play, chucking spears around and spawning fireballs in your hand by saying "fireball", though at one point I was saying fireball straight for about two minutes :p

The main characters voice was a bit... odd though. I think that might be because it just sounds like people I know in real life, and I'm not accustomed to hearing that sort of British accent in games.

That's cool, it's good to see you at least gave it a shot even if it was because you were bored at the time. I think lots of people just write them off because they're kinect games or "on-rails". I think as a first step with this tech there have been some nice games shown. This makes it even more interesting for the next Xbox and kinect 2 with more power and a more advanced camera so it's more accurate and quick/smooth.

If they have a new control just for character motion in the game so it's not on-rails + kinect then we can see more hardcore games IMO.

I will def be skipping this. I am not against the on-rails type games for Kinect but a Fable game just doesnt work for me. I dont even like that they are even calling it The Journey when you cant fully control your characters movement. Hopefully this doesnt end the good ol Fable series I remember...

I just wish they'd bring Fable II out for PC, I never saw the point of them releasing the FIII to the PC like they did with FI, but not FII.

i thought Fable 2 was out for PC?

anyway, while i'm no longer anti-Kinect like i used to be, i lament the fact that they put out Kinect-only games. There should always be a controller option, i think.

EDIT: yeah looks like Asrokel was right...only Fable 3 on PC...that really makes no sense, even story-wise.