Elantech Smartpad Gestures in Windows 8

7KA1K.jpg

So I've spent the past week trying to get touchpad gestures to work on my computer thinking I had a synaptics touchpad on my Asus A53E since there were drivers for that as well as the ElanTech Smartpad on the OEM website. Anyways after a while I figured out it was indeed the other type of touchpad but that the drivers provided by Asus even though they worked didn't have working options for gestures and other special features. After a while I found a website that contained a much newer version of the drivers with working gestures and options! Anyways I thought I would post this for you guys that have this type of touchpad on your laptop it will greatly enhange your Windows 8 Experience.

http://www.station-d...ge/elantech.htm

• 1 month later...

I have Asus K53SV 520D laptop, but the problem here is the driver doesnt install.

I used the ASUS driver CD for the driver installation, in it, it says the drivers are installed, but under Device Manager theres' a PS2 mouse listed.

I'm using Windows 8 Pro.

• 1 month later...

7KA1K.jpg

So I've spent the past week trying to get touchpad gestures to work on my computer thinking I had a synaptics touchpad on my Asus A53E since there were drivers for that as well as the ElanTech Smartpad on the OEM website. Anyways after a while I figured out it was indeed the other type of touchpad but that the drivers provided by Asus even though they worked didn't have working options for gestures and other special features. After a while I found a website that contained a much newer version of the drivers with working gestures and options! Anyways I thought I would post this for you guys that have this type of touchpad on your laptop it will greatly enhange your Windows 8 Experience.

http://www.station-d...ge/elantech.htm

Ok so I was having a problem with bringing up the options and using the touchpad gestures and I found this same link on another site so I downloaded the driver...uninstalled my previous driver...and installed this one. I have the shortcut's on my touchpad but still no options. Every time I try to open the options from control panel nothing happens and when I try to open it from mouse options it opens up the app with nothing inside and only the reset to default button and a copyright button showing. When I click the reset to default nothing happens but when I click the copyright button it gives that same error saying that windows will try to find a solution. Any idea's on what you did differently to get your options?

• Like 1