• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:53

In a two way parking lane, with stalls aligned for the side it was according to the flow of traffic, I approached a car backing out and took the space after the car left. There had been a car waiting facing the opposite direction and became angry for my taking the stall. I pointed out to her that there was a stall just a few stalls up from her, that she was facing the wrong way. She said she didn't car, and called me an *******. I walked into the store and when I went out one of two ladies who saw the incident said that the irate lady keyed my car and she saw her do it. I saw the damage and called the police. I waited with the ladies and when the irate lady came out of the store I asked why she keyed my car. She said she didn't. I told her I had a witness and that I called the police. I got a picture of her license plate and called my insurance to make a claim. The lady was charged with Criminal Property Damage 3, a misdemeanor. The officer said that I could have her taken to jail, but they didn't want to because there was a child. Yeah the lady keyed my car while holding her daughter's hand. I agreed with the police officer. He assured me that this will go to the Prosecutor's office and a court date would be set. Problem was that I heard him tell his supervisor that I had said not to take her to jail. I pointed out to him it wasn't me but I wasn't pressing the issue of her going to jail. He asked me to put that on the police report. I wish I had her taken to jail. It was her fault not mine.

What should happen is that my insurance will contact her insurance to determine liability, then I shouldn't have to pay. Otherwise there is my policy with a deductible. :|

#2 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:08

Wow that really sucks and some people can be totally douchey about parking spots... damn bitch should have just parked a few spots over.... and not went bat **** crazy and keyed your car.... sickening that she had a child with her when she did that... that's a bad example for the child and she should go to jail.

#3 SledgeNZ

SledgeNZ

Neowinian

• 101 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:11

In a two way parking lane, with stalls aligned for the side it was according to the flow of traffic, I approached a car backing out and took the space after the car left. There had been a car waiting facing the opposite direction and became angry for my taking the stall. I pointed out to her that there was a stall just a few stalls up from her, that she was facing the wrong way. She said she didn't car, and called me an *******. I walked into the store and when I went out one of two ladies who saw the incident said that the irate lady keyed my car and she saw her do it. I saw the damage and called the police. I waited with the ladies and when the irate lady came out of the store I asked why she keyed my car. She said she didn't. I told her I had a witness and that I called the police. I got a picture of her license plate and called my insurance to make a claim. The lady was charged with Criminal Property Damage 3, a misdemeanor. The officer said that I could have her taken to jail, but they didn't want to because there was a child. Yeah the lady keyed my car while holding her daughter's hand. I agreed with the police officer. He assured me that this will go to the Prosecutor's office and a court date would be set. Problem was that I heard him tell his supervisor that I had said not to take her to jail. I pointed out to him it wasn't me but I wasn't pressing the issue of her going to jail. He asked me to put that on the police report. I wish I had her taken to jail. It was her fault not mine.

What should happen is that my insurance will contact her insurance to determine liability, then I shouldn't have to pay. Otherwise there is my policy with a deductible. :|

And had you used basic courtesy, none of this would have happened.

#4 OP *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:26

Tell me, in a two way parking, stalls angled with the flow in either direction, who should have used basic courtesy? I took the stall on my side with the flow of traffic. She was wanting to cross that flow instead of just moving up a few stalls and park. Please use common sense when you post.

#5 Axel

Axel

--[Est. 1986]--

• 5,406 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:30

Regardless, that's no excuse for wilful property damage. The women should pay for the damage, end of story. Does your insurance policy include legal cover? In which case you can sue her for the damage, surely?

#6 sagum

sagum

Unicorn Doctor

• 1,710 posts
  • Phone: LG E900 & Lumia` 610/520/920

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:36

I'm not sure what state Turion is in, but that so called 'basic courtesy' you suggest he uses could very well be illegal for that woman to park facing the traffic. A quick google suggests its illegal in several states to park the car in such ways, and as such parking facing the traffic could be deemed as a dangerous act that would put the childs life at risk.

So, basic courtesy or not the OP here parked with in ANY highway law and the woman caused criminal damage to his property.

#7 OP *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:39

^ Exactly, Criminal Property Damage. She was upset over the stall it gave her no right to damage my car.

I have coverage that would cover me even if I didn't have a witness. I'd be paying the deductible though. There is no need for legal coverage in a No Fault state. Her insurance company just needs to recognize the criminal charge and accept liability. They will likely fight it. But with witness it will be hard to dispute. If I get the damage repaired now, I pay out of pocket for the deductible. I'm waiting to talk to the adjuster.

#8 Haggis

Haggis

Neowinian Senior

• 2,178 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (i9305)

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:05

I would have done same thing as you

Really gets on my nerves when people drive up car parks the wrong way

Is it really that hard to follow the arrows?

Maybe she is one of the members that dont like your jokes lmao

#9 jamieakers

jamieakers

Neowinian

• 444 posts
  • Phone: Dell Venue Pro

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:07

You're lucky to live in the US here. If that incident happened in England the police wouldn't even bother showing up. My other half witnessed a customer threaten to kill one of her colleagues at work and nobody did anything.

#10 OP *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:14

Maybe she is one of the members that dont like your jokes lmao

So harsh >•<
I commend your joke though. 4/10 warwagons

#11 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• 29,875 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:17

This sort of thing really annoys me, I'm glad you have a witness and it will be sorted out, all too often that isn't the case. I've had my car for seven years and in that time I've found all sorts of scratches on it from shopping cart trolleys etc, and had two sets of mist lamps stolen of it, when I replaced them with mist caps (spray painted myself) I found out one has been stolen earlier this week. Also had one side of my grill stolen of it a few months ago.

The people that do this, if I ever caught them theres no telling what I'd do. Makes my blood boil :angry: Stay the **** away from my property, basically.

#12 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 8,642 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:29

Cops would take hours to respond to this here.

It sucks. I would be devastated to have my car keyed.

#13 Sir Topham Hatt

Sir Topham Hatt

A Very Talented Individual

• 6,625 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:21

...and had two sets of mist lamps stolen of it, when I replaced them with mist caps (spray painted myself) I found out one has been stolen earlier this week. Also had one side of my grill stolen of it a few months ago.

Not to make fun of your situation but sounds like someone is slowly building a car out of your parts :/

I had someone draw a bit S on the bonnet of my car and key down the side. They wrote SLAG or SLUT on the side of my friends, she was not amused, even though now I see the truth in it (she is no longer a friend).

#14 richardsim7

richardsim7

Satriani Fanatic

• 4,607 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:42

Not to make fun of your situation but sounds like someone is slowly building a car out of your parts :/

:laugh:

#15 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• 29,875 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:46

Heh, that's what Redmak said :p

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!