Car Keyed today

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 mattmatik

mattmatik

formerly soLoredd

• 4,928 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 19:34

That's just BS (on her part, not yours). I never understood this obsession with having to park so frakking close to a store or restaurant or...even funnier...the gym! Hell, I see people every morning at my gym clamoring for front spaces when there's 3/4 an open parking lot not 20 steps away. I just really don't understand it at all.

When I go to big shopping parks or other places with big lots I usually park far away. One, its so much easier to get out of there. Two, it lessens the occurance of some douchebag banging your car or getting irate over something stupid. And three, nothing wrong with a stroll.

And yeah, when parking lots have the direction arrows...FOLLOW THEM. I love watching people trying to puppet their car into some angled spot. Forward, reverse, turn the wheel, forward, reverse, turn some more. WTF? And who cares if she had a kid? If anything, I'd have called her out for her crap parenting skills (and yes, I speak as a parent). And for her to not own up to her actions...well, not much more needs to be said about that person.

#32 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,438 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 19:39

If someone keyed my car, I would key their face.

#33 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 19:44

If someone keyed my car, I would key their face.

And you'd probably go to jail. In situations like these its best to stay level headed and let the woman get in trouble with the law, not you.

#34 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• 6,599 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 20 September 2012 - 19:46

That's just BS (on her part, not yours). I never understood this obsession with having to park so frakking close to a store or restaurant or...even funnier...the gym! Hell, I see people every morning at my gym clamoring for front spaces when there's 3/4 an open parking lot not 20 steps away. I just really don't understand it at all.

When I go to big shopping parks or other places with big lots I usually park far away. One, its so much easier to get out of there. Two, it lessens the occurance of some douchebag banging your car or getting irate over something stupid. And three, nothing wrong with a stroll.

Yep, noticed the same. Sometimes if the weather is really crappy, I'll try to get a close spot. But, most of the times, it's usually a far away spot. I also hate when I take said far away spot, people then proceed to park next to me. Don't want too much attention on my car! Someone scratched my car when I went to a store! That is not cool. I also saw a hit and run a few weeks ago. An Audi driver hit and scratched an SUV. The guy in the Audi just sat there - he was making a decision until he decided to floor it. Luckily I got the plates, and reported him to the police. Doesn't matter what car you have, respect each other's car.

#35 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

And yeah, when parking lots have the direction arrows...FOLLOW THEM. I love watching people trying to puppet their car into some angled spot. Forward, reverse, turn the wheel, forward, reverse, turn some more. WTF? And who cares if she had a kid? If anything, I'd have called her out for her crap parenting skills (and yes, I speak as a parent). And for her to not own up to her actions...well, not much more needs to be said about that person.

I wonder why people do that as well. I've seen people wait like 4 minutes for a spot to open up, when all they had to do was drive 10 feet further for an open space. People I guess just love to waste time when they think they are saving themselves some effort of 10 steps.
I normally park in the back of areas as well, for the reasons you listed. It's a lot less likely for something to happen to your car when nothing else is really around it. It also makes it more obvious to others if anything is happening, as your car is more visable.

#36 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,438 posts

And you'd probably go to jail. In situations like these its best to stay level headed and let the woman get in trouble with the law, not you.

and if I did the same as the OP the Police wouldn't even bother to show up.

#37 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 19:48

and if I did the same as the OP the Police wouldn't even bother to show up.

They would if you keyed someones face which wouldn't end good for you.

#38 Dan~

Dan~

Neowinian Senior

• 2,659 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 19:57

you should key the daughter

#39 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 9,254 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 20 September 2012 - 20:03

you should key the daughter

I was going to suggest letting the daughter key the horrible woman.

#40 Dan~

Dan~

Neowinian Senior

• 2,659 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 20:39

Nah, got to key the girl, she's innocent, just like the car.

#41 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 15,978 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1

Posted 20 September 2012 - 20:45

at least you caught them.

in the time that we have lived in the house we now live in, my wife's car has had all 4 tires slashed on two seperate occasions as well as a third occasion in which just 2 tired had been slashed. both of hour vehicles have also had eggs thrown at them during hot weather (allowing the egg to "bake" on) which is VERY difficult to remove and My truck had 30 gallons (113.5 Liters) stolen (which cost me over $100) as well as both cars being keyed.

All of that over the course of little over a year. and We have never caught the people doing it. and we cannot see the vehicles from our house otherwise i would setup a 24/7 camera.

#42 Dan~

Dan~

Neowinian Senior

• 2,659 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 20:53

^ Such a shame! It always annoys me that thugs get away with this, one way or another they'll get their comeuppance :)

#43 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 21:08

at least you caught them.

in the time that we have lived in the house we now live in, my wife's car has had all 4 tires slashed on two seperate occasions as well as a third occasion in which just 2 tired had been slashed. both of hour vehicles have also had eggs thrown at them during hot weather (allowing the egg to "bake" on) which is VERY difficult to remove and My truck had 30 gallons (113.5 Liters) stolen (which cost me over $100) as well as both cars being keyed.

All of that over the course of little over a year. and We have never caught the people doing it. and we cannot see the vehicles from our house otherwise i would setup a 24/7 camera.

Set up a USB camera(s) in the car/truck running from ciggy lighter socket > wifi

#44 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 21:14

My car has been getting dinged a lot lately, due to me living at my business and sharing a parking lot with a daycare that rents their place from me. This month I finally started to take measures against the people who keep "parking" near my car, telling them to park correctly and stop parking near my car, as it is in an area that no one else should be going near. They all look at me at first like I'm some ******* who can't tell them what to do. They don't like me after I tell them if they don't park correctly, they will be banned from the property completely, and that the daycare they are there for, is part of my property. It's now been a lot better since I started that, but people have ZERO consideration for others and only think/do what will make THEIR task easier.

#45 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 00:14

Glad it worked out for you. Too often that isn't the case.I never did find out who keyed my car a few months back.