Apple

Nonsense, Apple and their new software is correct and everyone else is wrong. Cannot find your location? It doesnt exist. Taken to the wrong place? Thats the place you should be anyway.

Sounds like really poor testing/planning went in to this. They are so determined to kill Google that they are doing stupid...more stupid...things.

Apple innovation, it just works.

At least when they fix it, I suppose. And the saddest part is, as we've all come to expect and see brought to fruition, Apple will do some magical marketing doublespeak over this and in a month people will suddenly believe it was all part of the plan in the first place.

Just like the magical coating on the black iPhone 5 that now allows for purely individual personalization just by putting it in your pocket and walking a few steps - you get your own custom engraving right into the device itself from your keys, your change, and whatever else you carry!!!

I'd like to say I'm joking but, I'm not.

as long as it lasts for 6 months, then itll be a reason to buy the iphone 6! :p

Some people will truly defend anything Apple does.

I defend anything that ends up being blamed for something that COULD be related to something else. As pertaining to what he said, I mistakenly thought he said his whole city wasn't there, which would be a loading problem of course. (which explains why i said what i said). Sorry about that.

Lets say i live on 'Smith Road' but there is another 'Smith Road' 3 miles away. The new Map app is getting all the shops from busy 'Smith Road' and marking them on my quite side-street 'Smith Road' lol

I had hoped the pitiful directions and state of the app were going to be fixed by GM. This wasn't the case.

Google will have a Maps app out soon. In the meantime, I highly recommend Waze if you're looking for free TbT directions.

Apples map app sucks. I am from NYC and this app cant even find Public Transit (Train) details about the world famous John Jay College in the same City.

Can't be that 'world famous'.

The directions are a bit off. I used it to to bring me home from work and it wanted to take me across town to get on route 30, when all I needed to do is just continue on the road I was on. I'll keep Navigon.

I'm looking at the maps themselves, nothing wrong with them.

Luckily they made the maps just for the little bubble you live in then. I guess the rest of us are imagining the issues

Luckily they made the maps just for the little bubble you live in then. I guess the rest of us are imagining the issues

unluckily (not a word but it fits) they made the bad maps just for the little bubble you live in then. I guess the rest of us are just lucky. As other have stated in other places, the maps are good in some places and bad in others. Why you so angry in all your posts? because of maps?

unluckily (not a word but it fits) they made the bad maps just for the little bubble you live in then. I guess the rest of us are just lucky. As other have stated in other places, the maps are good in some places and bad in others. Why you so angry in all your posts? because of maps?

I'm not angry at all, there's no point denying the maps are poor. Evidently North America isn't as poor as the rest of the world

Friends/family are complaining already about the new maps in iOS 6. Apple should of took more time to work on their program before ditching Google. Really hope Apple doesnt use the slogan "it just works" anymore since in the past it may have, but not anymore. For a company who has been known for good R&D, this is crap and shouldnt of been released in its current form. I am all for competition and competing products, but I wouldnt call it competing ATM.

I'm looking at the maps themselves, nothing wrong with them.

May be nothing wrong for you but for this to be a hot topic on several sites, then many are not having as good a luck as you are. Otherwise, it wouldnt be reported at all or to much time spent on it...regardless if the topic does concern Apple.

I'm waiting for an untethered jailbreak on iOS 6 for my sweet 4S. I just keep telling others how I've had BannerDisable (DoNotDisturb) for almost a year and that Siri has been opening apps for as long as that. 5.1.1 for me but if the Maps doesn't get changed, I'm not getting the 5S or whatever the next thing is...may as well go Lumia 940 or something my upgrade isn't until May next year :D