Facebook desktop chat client suggestions

Question

18 answers to this question

Adium on Mac...

On Windows I'd suggest using Pidgin (slow development sometimes it seems...) or Trillian. :)

Glassed Silver:mac

Adium on Mac...

On Windows I'd suggest using Pidgin (slow development sometimes it seems...) or Trillian. :)

I think people should avoid Pidgin at the moment; what with all the security issues in the purplelib ;)

I just uninstalled the Facebook messenger that Facebook developed themselves. No matter what I did, I couldn't get the thing to stop popping up on start up.

Use CCleaner to disable it on startup.

"Messages" (iChat) in Mac OS supports Facebook chat very well (Jabber protocol), no need for a third party software ;)

http://brajeshwar.com/2012/setup-facebook-chat-with-messages-in-os-x-mountain-lion/

I'm aware of that, however, as much as I like the benefits of Messages, you can't get me to move towards it as I'd lose some precious features and I like to keep my messaging as open (as in OSS) as possible.

Adium is open-source, so even if they stopped developing it, it'd be fairly easy to export the chat logs to sensible formats.

I REALLY like the integration with Mail though, as in seeing that someone is online or offline.

Totally dig that, but oh well... :(

Can't have everything I guess...