virgin airlines noah’s ark one-way trip

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,632 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 13:40

Richard Branson is on a mission to Mars.

The Virgin Airlines CEO says he has a plan to populate the red planet with an intergalactic Noah’s Ark.

“Obviously, you are going to want scientists initially,” he told the New York Post at Condé Nast Traveler’s Celebration of “The Visionaries” at Alice Tully Hall. “You’re going to want physicians, you’re going to want comedians, you’re going to want fun people, beautiful people, ugly people -- a good cross-section of what happens on Earth -- on Mars. People have got to be able to get on together, because it’s going to be quite confined.”

Branson would also like to take the journey himself, though, “It may be a one-way trip because the energy to get you there is relatively easy, the energy to get you back is quite difficult. So maybe I’ll wait till the last 10 years of my life, and then maybe go, if my wife will let me.” :huh:

source

#2 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,323 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 20 September 2012 - 13:47

I admire Richard Branson for his vision. He does a lot for charity and the environment and he seems like a genuinely nice person. Considering his involvement with space travel this actually doesn't seem all that far-fetched.

#3 Osiris

Osiris

Neowinian God!

• 11,384 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 930

Posted 20 September 2012 - 13:48

No thanks buddy, seen enough horror movies to know how that pans out.

Alas tis good to have dreams, I want to populate the ocean...♪♫ Under the sea...under the sea, there'll be no accusations, just friendly crusteans under the sea...♪♫

#4 Original Poster

Original Poster

C++ n00b

• 2,968 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 14:53

this will happen within our life time...even if its towards the end of it... I would love to be one of the first martians

#5 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,632 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 15:01

“You’re going to want physicians, you’re going to want comedians, you’re going to want fun people, beautiful people, ugly people -- a good cross-section of what happens on Earth -- on Mars. People have got to be able to get on together, because it’s going to be quite confined.”

Reminds me of Dr. Strangelove :shifty:

#6 CGW-88

CGW-88

||Modified||

• 659 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 625

Posted 20 September 2012 - 15:47

Richard Branson is awesome! He is always pushing stuff like this, epic epic man!

#7 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 00:38

I don't understand this Mars stuff. Sure, I would love to go but the moon makes a much more likely target to me. We could have a moon base in years where it'll probably take decades to have a base on Mars.

#8 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,632 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 00:40

^ I guess some people think we will save humans from extinction -- silly idea. :laugh:

#9 +SharpGreen

SharpGreen

Now with built-in BS detector.

• 2,365 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Nexus

Posted 21 September 2012 - 00:48

I personally would much rather live on the moon, than mars, for two reasons, 1) It's more likely to happen in the next 68 yrs, than a Mars colony is and 2) A return trip.