Man sues supermarket over chronic 'Popcorn Lung' condition

popcorn lung was even a bit of a media circus, as several news outlets reported on it a good bit. even hicks out in the sticks know about it.

Well clearly not everyone knows about it.

They should!

I'm sure there's an entire book full of things you don't know about that you "should" know about. Stop being so arrogant.

Why is he suing the store that sold it? If you're going to sue someone, sue the maker of the product.

Moral of the story: Moderation is key, even "healthy" things when consumed in unreasonable quanities aren't healthy anymore.

• Like 2

Why is he suing the store that sold it? If you're going to sue someone, sue the maker of the product.

Moral of the story: Moderation is key, even "healthy" things when consumed in unreasonable quanities aren't healthy anymore.

I could be wrong, but I think it was a Store Brand..

"Store Brand" or not, the store/chain itself did not make/produce the product. Some other company made/produced it and it was sold under that stores name/brand.

If you're going to sue, at least sue the right entity.

Read the label of any house/store "brand" I'm sure you'll find it was bottled/manufactured/produced by someone other than the one it's being sold under.

"Store Brand" or not, the store/chain itself did not make/produce the product. Some other company made/produced it and it was sold under that stores name/brand.

Read the label of any house/store "brand" I'm sure you'll find it was bottled/manufactured/produced by someone other than the one it's being sold under.

Irrelevant. The company name on the packaging is the one responsible for the product.

Actually the store would be at fault.

For example, Loblaws, a grocery chain in Canada, has two store brands, No Name, and Presidents Choice. Loblaws pays for both of them to be made, sure it's done by a 3rd party, but it is still Their product. They are responsible for the products that bare their name. [ I know cause I worked for them, and we found errors before.. ].

Now if it's some other companies product, like a Coke product, then it's Coke's problem. But because it's the store brand, it's theirs. They contract a company to manufacture it, they set out the product they want, and it's made for them, they advertise it, and sell it.

Now depending, the Chain might have a case against the contracted company, but that is their problem.