• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,508 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 30 September 2012 - 15:08

It's required in society though. If the media didn't keep reminding us of the dangers, people would think we lived in Eutopia.

You're a mental patient.

#17 Mr Nom Nom's

Mr Nom Nom's

Neowinian Senior

• 2,447 posts
  • Phone: HTC One M8

Posted 30 September 2012 - 15:15

:sleep: What an unbelievably dull story.

In other news somebody dropped their mobile phone and a random stranger picked it up and returned it to them.

What is so dull about it? in a world of absolutely crappiness from end to end it is nice to hear some good news stories once and a while. End of the day if we all do at least one nice thing each day the world would be a lot better place.

#18 Packet1009

Packet1009

Neowinian

• 487 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 15:29

Isn't it illegal to drive barefoot? Where I am it is.

illegal? what sort of fascist police nanny-state do you live in?

or was that some sort of funny that i missed?

#19 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 9,025 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 - SM-G900i

Posted 30 September 2012 - 21:47

You're a mental patient.

Dafaq?

#20 Praetor

Praetor

ASCii / ANSi Designer

• 2,967 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:20

:sleep: What an unbelievably dull story.

In other news somebody dropped their mobile phone and a random stranger picked it up and returned it to them.

GTFO troll

#21 *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:27

Very kind of him. However he should've done it on his own time. Not with a bus full of passengers.

#22 Original Poster

Original Poster

Systems Developer

• 3,005 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:29

pfft no homeless man getting my shoes -__- I barely have a pair do you know how hard it is to find size 16 shoes in england?

#23 c.grz

c.grz

Neowinian

• 1,229 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 01 October 2012 - 16:56

I didn't read the article; but I think it's possible the bus driver had a point of his life where he was down on his luck like the man he gave his shoes to.

#24 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,508 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:54

Dafaq?

If you think media outlets show stories about those things I mentioned for our own good, you belong in a rubber-room.

#25 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 9,025 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:58

If you think media outlets show stories about those things I mentioned for our own good, you belong in a rubber-room.

If you go around life assuming you interpret things wrong, you'll probably wind up pretty lonely.

I'm not saying the media shows us things to protect us. They don't care about us, but they know what people read. What I'm saying is, at least when we do read this stuff, we can learn from other's mistakes. For example, the Jill Meagher case here in Australia has gained unprecedented attention across this country, and as far as we are lead to believe, Ireland.

She was unfortunately raped and murdered just minutes from her home. The case just pulled on the heartstrings of a massive amount of people.

Aside from all the emotion. The big lesson is to not walk alone at night, especially females. Always have someone with you, even if it's only a few minutes up the road.

#26 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,508 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:10

If you go around life assuming you interpret things wrong, you'll probably wind up pretty lonely.

I'm not saying the media shows us things to protect us. They don't care about us, but they know what people read. What I'm saying is, at least when we do read this stuff, we can learn from other's mistakes. For example, the Jill Meagher case here in Australia has gained unprecedented attention across this country, and as far as we are lead to believe, Ireland.

She was unfortunately raped and murdered just minutes from her home. The case just pulled on the heartstrings of a massive amount of people.

Aside from all the emotion. The big lesson is to not walk alone at night, especially females. Always have someone with you, even if it's only a few minutes up the road.

idk wtf you're on about. You talked about the requirement in society to be constantly reminded by the media that ****ty things do happen, lest we become complacent. I thought that was a naive thing to say. They show such things because they know we will watch it, which in turn raises their revenue. It isn't as community service. I'd argue it is a detriment to society to be bombarded by the 24 hour news cycle because it creates unnecessary levels of anxiety and suspicion among people.

As far as the Meagher case goes: the big lesson there was that it's unfortunately true that horrible things do happen, but they are relatively rare and aren't indicative of everyday life. The lesson wasn't "hey folks, especially you women, fear society". If you think that way, it is you who will wind up very lonely in life.

#27 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 9,025 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:48

idk wtf you're on about. You talked about the requirement in society to be constantly reminded by the media that ****ty things do happen, lest we become complacent. I thought that was a naive thing to say. They show such things because they know we will watch it, which in turn raises their revenue. It isn't as community service. I'd argue it is a detriment to society to be bombarded by the 24 hour news cycle because it creates unnecessary levels of anxiety and suspicion among people.

As far as the Meagher case goes: the big lesson there was that it's unfortunately true that horrible things do happen, but they are relatively rare and aren't indicative of everyday life. The lesson wasn't "hey folks, especially you women, fear society". If you think that way, it is you who will wind up very lonely in life.

Bull ****. Believe what you want. If people didn't see the horrible **** happening around them, they would indeed get complacent.

Clearly your opinion differs, so there's little point making an argument about it.

#28 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,508 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 14:57

Bull ****. Believe what you want. If people didn't see the horrible **** happening around them, they would indeed get complacent.

Clearly your opinion differs, so there's little point making an argument about it.

So, because your opinion and mine differ, you refuse to engage in discussion? I consider that intellectual cowadice.

#29 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 9,025 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 00:18

So, because your opinion and mine differ, you refuse to engage in discussion? I consider that intellectual cowadice.

I'm happy to keep discussing it if you want, I was saving Neowin from having yet another pointless argument. I respect your opinion, but I think it's wrong. What else do you want me to say. I've put forward my opinion, you've put forward yours, I've said we should agree to disagree.

Or are you one of these forum users who just want an argument out of anything?

Tell me what you want me to say, and I'll play your game if you want.

#30 Ottawa Gamerz

Ottawa Gamerz

Neowinian

• 165 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 00:36

man wtf is wrong with you people would u rather read about a 14year old killing her child or kid who kills granny over pizza money

well remember this is from Canada where nice things happen everyday we just dont talk about it .

and the bus driver being nice when most of them are pricks so he took 2 min of passengers time to be nice

so remember holding a door or helping someone carry something or helping someone at the cash of any store wouldn't kill u to show kindness