Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Winnipeg Transit driver

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Today, as I was riding a Winnipeg Transit bus from Unicity to Downtown I did not realize that I would be a witness to something amazing.

The ride was, as usual, long and uneventful, until we reached the corner of Portage and Main. That

6 people like this

Posted

That is amazing. There are still a lot of good people still left in the world.

Posted

Awesome story! There is still good in the world!

Posted

:sleep: What an unbelievably dull story.

In other news somebody dropped their mobile phone and a random stranger picked it up and returned it to them.

1 person likes this

Posted

Today, as I was riding a Winnipeg Transit bus from Unicity to Downtown I did not realize that I would be a witness to something amazing.

The ride was, as usual, long and uneventful, until we reached the corner of Portage and Main. That

Posted

while awesome that the person did this, its also Canada

i believe if this happened in the US, people would sue the bus company for endangering them for leaving them on the bus unaccompanied by the driver, or for making them late to wherever

Posted

Isn't it illegal to drive barefoot? Where I am it is.

Posted

Theoretically he was not barefoot, he had socks on!

Posted

In other news somebody dropped their mobile phone and a random stranger picked it up and returned it to them.

Go away troll.

I've just spent the entire week holind onto hope about a missing person here in Australia who wound up dead. Unprovoked, random rape and murder. Horrible, terrible news to watch the family go through this. Change the channel some other lunatic in America is on a mass killing spree, or another soldier has been murdered etc.

It's nice to see the world isn't as ****ed up as the media will have you believe.

To the op. Thanks for this update, because it's been a horrible news week this week, and I appreciate something nice happening.

7 people like this

Posted

while awesome that the person did this, its also Canada

i believe if this happened in the US, people would sue the bus company for endangering them for leaving them on the bus unaccompanied by the driver, or for making them late to wherever

LMAO

Posted

amazing isn't it this story isn't about killing drugs or peanuts and it shows how nice most of us from canada are

i wouldn't give up my Jordan shoes but i would get a meal i do hold doors for strangers if your at the cash and need a penny quarter or dollar i will help i praise the bus driver and now everyone that doesn't live in canada knows how nice we are

GO CANADA

Posted

Theoretically he was not barefoot, he had socks on!

Damn technicalities...

Although, maybe he wasn't wearing socks because he gave them to another poor person the day before.

Posted

It's nice to see the world isn't as ****ed up as the media will have you believe.

It's really not. The media thrives on bad news. There is still a lot of good in the world.

2 people like this

Posted

It's really not. The media thrives on bad news. There is still a lot of good in the world.

True. Bad news gets far more attention than good news.

Stories about rape, murder, violence, gangs, drugs, and other social ills are rating winners. Then, in the ad break, they market anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medication. A cynical person might draw certain conclusions about that.

1 person likes this

Posted

True. Bad news gets far more attention than good news.

Stories about rape, murder, violence, gangs, drugs, and other social ills are rating winners. Then, in the ad break, they market anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medication. A cynical person might draw certain conclusions about that.

It's required in society though. If the media didn't keep reminding us of the dangers, people would think we lived in Eutopia.

Posted

It's required in society though. If the media didn't keep reminding us of the dangers, people would think we lived in Eutopia.

You're a mental patient.

Posted

What is so dull about it? in a world of absolutely crappiness from end to end it is nice to hear some good news stories once and a while. End of the day if we all do at least one nice thing each day the world would be a lot better place.

Posted

illegal? what sort of fascist police nanny-state do you live in?

or was that some sort of funny that i missed?

Posted

You're a mental patient.

Dafaq?

Posted

GTFO troll

Posted

Very kind of him. However he should've done it on his own time. Not with a bus full of passengers.

Posted

pfft no homeless man getting my shoes -__- I barely have a pair do you know how hard it is to find size 16 shoes in england?

Posted

I didn't read the article; but I think it's possible the bus driver had a point of his life where he was down on his luck like the man he gave his shoes to.

3 people like this

Posted

Dafaq?

If you think media outlets show stories about those things I mentioned for our own good, you belong in a rubber-room.

Posted

If you think media outlets show stories about those things I mentioned for our own good, you belong in a rubber-room.

If you go around life assuming you interpret things wrong, you'll probably wind up pretty lonely.

I'm not saying the media shows us things to protect us. They don't care about us, but they know what people read. What I'm saying is, at least when we do read this stuff, we can learn from other's mistakes. For example, the Jill Meagher case here in Australia has gained unprecedented attention across this country, and as far as we are lead to believe, Ireland.

She was unfortunately raped and murdered just minutes from her home. The case just pulled on the heartstrings of a massive amount of people.

Aside from all the emotion. The big lesson is to not walk alone at night, especially females. Always have someone with you, even if it's only a few minutes up the road.