Winnipeg Transit driver

Today, as I was riding a Winnipeg Transit bus from Unicity to Downtown I did not realize that I would be a witness to something amazing.

The ride was, as usual, long and uneventful, until we reached the corner of Portage and Main. That?s when the driver pulled over. This of course surprised all of the passengers on the bus. But, what happened next still brings tears to my eyes.

The bus driver jumped off the bus to chat with a man that looked to be down on his luck; by all accounts, a homeless man. I first thought the driver was going to offer the man a ride until our driver took off his own shoes and gave them to the man on the sidewalk.

That is when I realized that the man the driver was chatting with was barefoot. The bus was dead silent. I think we were all stunned and speechless. As we proceeded to our next stop, one of the passengers got up and said to the driver, that was the most amazing thing she had ever seen; and then she asked him, why did he do that?

The bus driver answered because he couldn?t stand the thought of that poor man walking without shoes. Wow! No judgement; it was just, ?Here buddy you need these more than I do.?

There wasn?t a dry eye on the bus. All the passengers were moved by this bold and selfless gesture.

Now, a homeless man will have shoes for his feet because of a bus driver?s random act of kindness.

Source

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome story! There is still good in the world!

:sleep: What an unbelievably dull story.

In other news somebody dropped their mobile phone and a random stranger picked it up and returned it to them.

• Like 1

Today, as I was riding a Winnipeg Transit bus from Unicity to Downtown I did not realize that I would be a witness to something amazing.

The ride was, as usual, long and uneventful, until we reached the corner of Portage and Main. That?s when the driver pulled over. This of course surprised all of the passengers on the bus. But, what happened next still brings tears to my eyes.

The bus driver jumped off the bus to chat with a man that looked to be down on his luck; by all accounts, a homeless man. I first thought the driver was going to offer the man a ride until our driver took off his own shoes and gave them to the man on the sidewalk.

That is when I realized that the man the driver was chatting with was barefoot. The bus was dead silent. I think we were all stunned and speechless. As we proceeded to our next stop, one of the passengers got up and said to the driver, that was the most amazing thing she had ever seen; and then she asked him, why did he do that?

The bus driver answered because he couldn?t stand the thought of that poor man walking without shoes. Wow! No judgement; it was just, ?Here buddy you need these more than I do.?

There wasn?t a dry eye on the bus. All the passengers were moved by this bold and selfless gesture.

Now, a homeless man will have shoes for his feet because of a bus driver?s random act of kindness.

Source

that makes me believe some peoples hearts are good. "A tree is known by its' fruit." a good tree can't bear bad fruit and a bad tree can't bear good fruit

while awesome that the person did this, its also Canada

i believe if this happened in the US, people would sue the bus company for endangering them for leaving them on the bus unaccompanied by the driver, or for making them late to wherever

In other news somebody dropped their mobile phone and a random stranger picked it up and returned it to them.

Go away troll.

I've just spent the entire week holind onto hope about a missing person here in Australia who wound up dead. Unprovoked, random rape and murder. Horrible, terrible news to watch the family go through this. Change the channel some other lunatic in America is on a mass killing spree, or another soldier has been murdered etc.

It's nice to see the world isn't as ****ed up as the media will have you believe.

To the op. Thanks for this update, because it's been a horrible news week this week, and I appreciate something nice happening.

while awesome that the person did this, its also Canada

i believe if this happened in the US, people would sue the bus company for endangering them for leaving them on the bus unaccompanied by the driver, or for making them late to wherever

LMAO

amazing isn't it this story isn't about killing drugs or peanuts and it shows how nice most of us from canada are

i wouldn't give up my Jordan shoes but i would get a meal i do hold doors for strangers if your at the cash and need a penny quarter or dollar i will help i praise the bus driver and now everyone that doesn't live in canada knows how nice we are

GO CANADA

Theoretically he was not barefoot, he had socks on!

Damn technicalities...

Although, maybe he wasn't wearing socks because he gave them to another poor person the day before.

It's really not. The media thrives on bad news. There is still a lot of good in the world.

True. Bad news gets far more attention than good news.

Stories about rape, murder, violence, gangs, drugs, and other social ills are rating winners. Then, in the ad break, they market anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medication. A cynical person might draw certain conclusions about that.

True. Bad news gets far more attention than good news.

Stories about rape, murder, violence, gangs, drugs, and other social ills are rating winners. Then, in the ad break, they market anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medication. A cynical person might draw certain conclusions about that.

It's required in society though. If the media didn't keep reminding us of the dangers, people would think we lived in Eutopia.

It's required in society though. If the media didn't keep reminding us of the dangers, people would think we lived in Eutopia.

You're a mental patient.

What is so dull about it? in a world of absolutely crappiness from end to end it is nice to hear some good news stories once and a while. End of the day if we all do at least one nice thing each day the world would be a lot better place.

GTFO troll

Very kind of him. However he should've done it on his own time. Not with a bus full of passengers.

I didn't read the article; but I think it's possible the bus driver had a point of his life where he was down on his luck like the man he gave his shoes to.

• Like 3

Dafaq?

If you think media outlets show stories about those things I mentioned for our own good, you belong in a rubber-room.

If you think media outlets show stories about those things I mentioned for our own good, you belong in a rubber-room.

If you go around life assuming you interpret things wrong, you'll probably wind up pretty lonely.

I'm not saying the media shows us things to protect us. They don't care about us, but they know what people read. What I'm saying is, at least when we do read this stuff, we can learn from other's mistakes. For example, the Jill Meagher case here in Australia has gained unprecedented attention across this country, and as far as we are lead to believe, Ireland.

She was unfortunately raped and murdered just minutes from her home. The case just pulled on the heartstrings of a massive amount of people.

Aside from all the emotion. The big lesson is to not walk alone at night, especially females. Always have someone with you, even if it's only a few minutes up the road.