• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jnelsoninjax

jnelsoninjax

A custom title? Cool!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy Exhibit SGH-T599N

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:13

I need an add-on or some method of backing up the address book in thunderbird. I am getting tired of each time I have a system crash that results in a re-install I loose the address book. I do have my backup program making regular backups of the %appdata%\roaming\thunderbird\profiles\ directories, but that does not seem to include the address book.

#2 +BudMan

BudMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 86
  • OS: Win7, Vista, 2k3, 2k8, XP, Linux, FreeBSD, OSX, etc. etc.

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:33

Dude you have more problems than seem possible.. I have 8 different systems running windows, not counting all of the countless VMs that use for testing, etc. And I don't recall the last system crash that required a reinstall. Last issue was my daughterinlaws laptop, that had to be 4 years old at least died. They bought a new one - something with the fan or the thermal paste, it would only stay on for a few minutes. She had all her stuff backed up that she needed, but I pull the drive and could of pulled any info she needed off of it. She just wanted to wipe it before she trashed the thing.

Why don't you just take a full image as your backup if your having to reinstall the system?

As to your question at hand - just export it. Built in functionality, no need for any addon or 3rd party tool

Attached Images

• exportaddressbook.png