Severely bullied girl almost makes Simon Cowell cry on Xfactor USA

I wish i wasnt so jaded and cynical about these reality shows. i think they're all staged, or edited to appear in weird ways. I think Simon's entire douche bag image is fake, and so on. so blah!

also these damn talent shows, all the good people get voted off too quickly.

It's a sad life when you can't trust reality shows. :(

I feel like the bullying thing was a partially true story to boost ratings or create a "connection" for viewers. Otherwise it's just someone on stage singing.

So someone who is very attractive, who can sing decently, felt she was bullied because people made fun of her music? Please, that's not a major problem or something to go crazy about. I make fun of Justin Bieber all the time. Even if he knew about it, do you think he's really going to be using his 100's to wipe his tear away, come on. You can't expect everyone to be supportive. I wish I had marketable star-power talents like she does. Please cry for me, I need to sympathy more than this girl. She is set.

[. . .] But yeah, the whole crying over nothing thing is quite annoying.

Crying over nothing? Yeah, bullying is nothing, even though the bullying makes many feel that they have to commit suicide.

So someone who is very attractive, who can sing decently, felt she was bullied because people made fun of her music? Please, that's not a major problem or something to go crazy about. I make fun of Justin Bieber all the time. Even if he knew about it, do you think he's really going to be using his 100's to wipe his tear away, come on. You can't expect everyone to be supportive. I wish I had marketable star-power talents like she does. Please cry for me, I need to sympathy more than this girl. She is set.

You don't know the full story. If someone states they were bullied and is clearly upset about it, you can't reasonably assume they weren't actually bullied just because you can't see anything physically wrong with them.

You don't know the full story. If someone states they were bullied and is clearly upset about it, you can't reasonably assume they weren't actually bullied just because you can't see anything physically wrong with them.

That would be true if this weren't in front of a camera where she's trying to garner sympathy. Remember she brought it up. I'm not saying it's untrue, but you have to take it with a grain of salt when it's on the Xfactor. Most of the stuff on there is staged and rehearsed.

Crying over nothing? Yeah, bullying is nothing, even though the bullying makes many feel that they have to commit suicide.

She stated she was bullied by people making fun of her music. If she can't handle that, she is in the wrong industry.

She's not very attractive at all. And if she cries like a fountain every 3 seconds, I can see why she was bullied.

So.... according to you.... if you're an emotional person and not the most attractive in the world it's OK to be bullied?

I've got a news flash for you.... Bullying isn't OK for ANY reason. It's reprehensible and wrong, and ruins kids lives in some cases. You should be ashamed of yourself for that comment.

She stated she was bullied by people making fun of her music. If she can't handle that, she is in the wrong industry.

There's a difference between critiquing the music, and bullying somebody. Clearly you're somebody else on the wrong side of the bully/bullied divide.

That would be true if this weren't in front of a camera where she's trying to garner sympathy. Remember she brought it up. I'm not saying it's untrue, but you have to take it with a grain of salt when it's on the Xfactor. Most of the stuff on there is staged and rehearsed.

Oh no, I did suspect it was staged. I'm just talking in general terms: If someone says they're bullied (and we don't know for sure it's staged), we can't accuse them of lying.

She didn't state that was the only thing she was bullied for. She mentioned being bullied for her music, probably because it was relevant to the show she was on (a show that searches for musical talent), but as she stated she was "severely bullied" and she was clearly upset, she could have been bullied for other things and in other ways.

So.... according to you.... if you're an emotional person and not the most attractive in the world it's OK to be bullied?

I've got a news flash for you.... Bullying isn't OK for ANY reason. It's reprehensible and wrong, and ruins kids lives in some cases. You should be ashamed of yourself for that comment.

Hey, I got a news flash for you. If you can't comprehend my posts, don't respond to them.

I'd hit it. I'm sure that would be a good self esteem booster! :laugh:

However, it was a moving video. I'm happy for her, and who cares what she was bullied for, she's doing great things! :cry:

I thought she was different and raspy and loved it. Definitely not the best singer I have ever heard, but I would definitely listen to her songs. I did cry like a river watching though.. Thanks for sharing War

I wish i wasnt so jaded and cynical about these reality shows. i think they're all staged, or edited to appear in weird ways. I think Simon's entire douche bag image is fake, and so on. so blah!

also these damn talent shows, all the good people get voted off too quickly.

It's a sad life when you can't trust reality shows. :(

"Some scenes have been added for entertainment purposes" I think says it all :p

I did like her singing. Not the most pure and everything but I skipped ahead to the singing and she really, really managed to transfer emotions with just how she sang. You don't have to sing perfectly to do that, it's an art. There are very few artists that can do that.

Although it was over exaggerated like many American shows, the tears half appeared at 06:38.

She's a good singer, above average looks, will go far (Y)

For those who are suggesting she is lying about the whole thing, I was bullied... a lot. There's nothing physically wrong with the way I look but from my growing up situations and my religion, I made an easy target.

Although it was over exaggerated like many American shows, the tears half appeared at 06:38.

She's a good singer, above average looks, will go far (Y)

For those who are suggesting she is lying about the whole thing, I was bullied... a lot. There's nothing physically wrong with the way I look but from my growing up situations and my religion, I made an easy target.

Let's be realistic here. You were bullied because...well...you're a freakin' spoon. No need to sugar coat it!

Humans have this thing, in situations as this, they tend to take their story and exaggerate a bit. We've all done it, and it makes for a good book or Television show.

Right. Lemme tell you, if that's what you really think victims of bullying do, you're sorely mistaken.

All during middle school and high school, I was physically, verbally, emotionally, and sexually harassed on a daily basis in school... And THEN I got to go home and get beat on and emotionally abused by my brother and sister. I had to constantly watch over my shoulder for those that I knew would come for me. I feared for my life on a daily basis... I lost a huge part of my caring soul for a very long time because of it. I was turned from a sweet, caring, loving individual to a self-hating, cynical, un-empathetic *******.

Not a day goes by when I don't think about that.... When the abuse I suffered isn't effecting my life in some way. It's like Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder... Apparently, you no ****ing clue what its like to go through every second of your life hating yourself, feeling eyes watching you, judging you, hearing the echoes of your bullies' words in your ears, trying with all their might to cut you down even a DECADE after it ended.

For any of you that think bullying is just some minor thing, and that she's just "overblowing it", or that it really doesn't effect people that much, you are ignorant pricks who don't have a ****ing clue what its like to suffer every moment of your life for years.

Any of you who thinks ^THAT is overblown too.... Words will never, ever, EVER come close to expressing the true horror of the abuse I suffered at the hands of my peers. Looking in that girl's eyes... There's no doubt in my mind that every word she spoke, every emotion she projected, was 100% real and un-manufactured. Go back to your childhood, live MY life, live HER life.... And then talk to me about how it's exaggerated.

• 3 weeks later...

She just got kicked off the show (She made it as far as the judges homes) and did not make it to live shows. Every scene she was in on every episode I think there was only 1 time she did not cry! She was ALWAYS crying. Yes she was bulled, but I still think she's a basket case.