grabthetissues

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 Nerd Rage

Nerd Rage

RAGE!

• 902 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 22:50

Crying over nothing? Yeah, bullying is nothing, even though the bullying makes many feel that they have to commit suicide.

You don't know the full story. If someone states they were bullied and is clearly upset about it, you can't reasonably assume they weren't actually bullied just because you can't see anything physically wrong with them.

She stated she was bullied by people making fun of her music. If she can't handle that, she is in the wrong industry.

#32 +TCLN Ryster

TCLN Ryster

Evil Teddy Rules!

• 5,782 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 22:54

She's not very attractive at all. And if she cries like a fountain every 3 seconds, I can see why she was bullied.

So.... according to you.... if you're an emotional person and not the most attractive in the world it's OK to be bullied?

I've got a news flash for you.... Bullying isn't OK for ANY reason. It's reprehensible and wrong, and ruins kids lives in some cases. You should be ashamed of yourself for that comment.

She stated she was bullied by people making fun of her music. If she can't handle that, she is in the wrong industry.

There's a difference between critiquing the music, and bullying somebody. Clearly you're somebody else on the wrong side of the bully/bullied divide.

#33 vetCalum

Calum

Neowinian Senior

• 13,211 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 22:59

That would be true if this weren't in front of a camera where she's trying to garner sympathy. Remember she brought it up. I'm not saying it's untrue, but you have to take it with a grain of salt when it's on the Xfactor. Most of the stuff on there is staged and rehearsed.

Oh no, I did suspect it was staged. I'm just talking in general terms: If someone says they're bullied (and we don't know for sure it's staged), we can't accuse them of lying.

She didn't state that was the only thing she was bullied for. She mentioned being bullied for her music, probably because it was relevant to the show she was on (a show that searches for musical talent), but as she stated she was "severely bullied" and she was clearly upset, she could have been bullied for other things and in other ways.

#34 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,432 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 23:22

Good post, "pity vote", meh she could sing also; AND she is attractive.

#35 StevenJ

StevenJ

Neowinian

• 236 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 23:24

So.... according to you.... if you're an emotional person and not the most attractive in the world it's OK to be bullied?

I've got a news flash for you.... Bullying isn't OK for ANY reason. It's reprehensible and wrong, and ruins kids lives in some cases. You should be ashamed of yourself for that comment.

Hey, I got a news flash for you. If you can't comprehend my posts, don't respond to them.

#36 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:37

She's the total package. She's got a story, she's attractive and she can sing.

#37 peacemf

peacemf

T Fizz - now with more bubbles!

• 2,876 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 13:22

Mufasa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#38 neuroticdave

neuroticdave

Gates

• 116 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S5; Rooted, Custom ROM

Posted 23 September 2012 - 00:24

I'd hit it. I'm sure that would be a good self esteem booster! :laugh:

However, it was a moving video. I'm happy for her, and who cares what she was bullied for, she's doing great things! :cry:

#39 cut

cut

Neowinian

• 88 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 18:09

I agree; Sad story to get votes.

#40 SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

• 6,675 posts
  • OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 2012 Macbook Pro, CR-48 Chromebook from Google
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 23 September 2012 - 18:31

I thought she was different and raspy and loved it. Definitely not the best singer I have ever heard, but I would definitely listen to her songs. I did cry like a river watching though.. Thanks for sharing War

#41 B0mberman

B0mberman

Silence is the key to Wisdom

• 5,182 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S2 CM

Posted 23 September 2012 - 18:54

/next!

#42 Richard C.

Richard C.

Neowinian Senior

• 3,647 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:44

I wish i wasnt so jaded and cynical about these reality shows. i think they're all staged, or edited to appear in weird ways. I think Simon's entire douche bag image is fake, and so on. so blah!

also these damn talent shows, all the good people get voted off too quickly.

It's a sad life when you can't trust reality shows. :(

"Some scenes have been added for entertainment purposes" I think says it all :p

#43 Mike Frett

Mike Frett

Neowinian Senior

• 2,424 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:17

Humans have this thing, in situations as this, they tend to take their story and exaggerate a bit. We've all done it, and it makes for a good book or Television show.

#44 Ambroos

Ambroos

Neowinian Senior

• 6,093 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z2

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:19

I did like her singing. Not the most pure and everything but I skipped ahead to the singing and she really, really managed to transfer emotions with just how she sang. You don't have to sing perfectly to do that, it's an art. There are very few artists that can do that.

#45 Sir Topham Hatt

Sir Topham Hatt

A Very Talented Individual

• 6,744 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:50

Although it was over exaggerated like many American shows, the tears half appeared at 06:38.
She's a good singer, above average looks, will go far (Y)

For those who are suggesting she is lying about the whole thing, I was bullied... a lot. There's nothing physically wrong with the way I look but from my growing up situations and my religion, I made an easy target.