• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#46 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

I'm sorry, do you still exist?

• 1,721 posts
  • Phone: Stock LG Nexus 5

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:53

Although it was over exaggerated like many American shows, the tears half appeared at 06:38.
She's a good singer, above average looks, will go far (Y)

For those who are suggesting she is lying about the whole thing, I was bullied... a lot. There's nothing physically wrong with the way I look but from my growing up situations and my religion, I made an easy target.

Let's be realistic here. You were bullied because...well...you're a freakin' spoon. No need to sugar coat it!

#47 Reverend Spam

Reverend Spam

Neowinian Senior

• 3,903 posts
  • Phone: Droid Bionic

Posted 02 October 2012 - 19:56

Humans have this thing, in situations as this, they tend to take their story and exaggerate a bit. We've all done it, and it makes for a good book or Television show.

Right. Lemme tell you, if that's what you really think victims of bullying do, you're sorely mistaken.

All during middle school and high school, I was physically, verbally, emotionally, and sexually harassed on a daily basis in school... And THEN I got to go home and get beat on and emotionally abused by my brother and sister. I had to constantly watch over my shoulder for those that I knew would come for me. I feared for my life on a daily basis... I lost a huge part of my caring soul for a very long time because of it. I was turned from a sweet, caring, loving individual to a self-hating, cynical, un-empathetic *******.

Not a day goes by when I don't think about that.... When the abuse I suffered isn't effecting my life in some way. It's like Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder... Apparently, you no ****ing clue what its like to go through every second of your life hating yourself, feeling eyes watching you, judging you, hearing the echoes of your bullies' words in your ears, trying with all their might to cut you down even a DECADE after it ended.

For any of you that think bullying is just some minor thing, and that she's just "overblowing it", or that it really doesn't effect people that much, you are ignorant pricks who don't have a ****ing clue what its like to suffer every moment of your life for years.

Any of you who thinks ^THAT is overblown too.... Words will never, ever, EVER come close to expressing the true horror of the abuse I suffered at the hands of my peers. Looking in that girl's eyes... There's no doubt in my mind that every word she spoke, every emotion she projected, was 100% real and un-manufactured. Go back to your childhood, live MY life, live HER life.... And then talk to me about how it's exaggerated.

#48 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• 3,429 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:55

Reality shows: the opiate of the steaming masses...

#49 SirEvan

SirEvan

Neowinian Senior

• 3,392 posts
  • Phone: HTC One (AT&T)

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:24

can't sing very well, is so-so in looks, and cries WAY too easily. next!

#50 OP +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 24,749 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 15:15

She just got kicked off the show (She made it as far as the judges homes) and did not make it to live shows. Every scene she was in on every episode I think there was only 1 time she did not cry! She was ALWAYS crying. Yes she was bulled, but I still think she's a basket case.

#51 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 14,327 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:56

Any of you who thinks ^THAT is overblown too.... Words will never, ever, EVER come close to expressing the true horror of the abuse I suffered at the hands of my peers. Looking in that girl's eyes... There's no doubt in my mind that every word she spoke, every emotion she projected, was 100% real and un-manufactured. Go back to your childhood, live MY life, live HER life.... And then talk to me about how it's exaggerated.

In cases like this, it's not the victim doing the exaggerating, it's the media company making the show. They do it with the camera angles, the background music, the acting of the show hosts (Cowell is a jerk and would in no way cry for some poor sap he's gonna make another pile of cash from). 99.9% of that entire show is nothing but fakes or gross exaggerations, like every other reality TV show out there.

Sure, it's a sad sad tale she has. But there are billions of others just like her so she's really not special. It's just the program editing that makes it twang on our heartstrings so much, and it kinda makes me laugh that so many people actually FALL for it, too.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!