Galaxy SIII - added a 64gb micro sd card. Now how do I get the phone

to save media to the card? I would want all pictures / videos to be saved to the memory card.

Also is there supposed to be a separate folder structure on the card? When I connect my phone to my pc I see two entries in windows explorer - the memory card and the phone. Memory card just has a "Lost.dir" folder

You have to format it on your phone. "Memory Card" or "SD card" should be the name of the folder, so if you see that, it should work.

If you're trying to have the pics/vids you take save to the SD card, you have to go into the camera app options and change where it saves the data.

You should see an option either in gallery settings or camera. I forgot which one. For music. Simply drag all your new songs to the new SD card. The music app will sync it all.

Thanks guys

I just put the memory card in the phone and it was recognized and mounted

I tried formatting it and I don't really see any difference. The phone is recognizing the card though. Should there be a folder structure after the format? Or do I have to create folders?

To create folders, I usually do it from Windows. It's just faster for me that way. You can also use ES File Explorer (free in Play) and do it from your phone. go into SD Card or Memory card and start creating directories there. If you set the camera option to save to your SD card, it will create its own directory and save them there.

You can also use ES File Explorer (free in Play) and do it from your phone.

I prefer ASTRO File Manager, also free (has a Pro version key as well) in Play, and you can also do it from the phone.

Should there be a folder structure after the format? Or do I have to create folders?

Formats don't typically create folder stuctures :)

It will create directories as needed. For example if you go take a picture, it should create a DCIM directory automagically.

Music, you can create one, or your PC will when it syncs.

You need to go in the setting of the application. Example, go in camera then press setting menu. You can change save location to sd-card.

Can't really tell you where exactly, as I have Cyanogen 10 installed.

• 2 weeks later...

the folder or mount should show up ext-sdcard. I know in many apps you need to watch out for the case. I want to say mine showed up as ext-SdCard or something similar. Dolphin now allows you the choice of download location during the save. Before that I pointed it right to one folder. I've never change the location of the camera but that is great idea.

Formats don't typically create folder stuctures :)

It will create directories as needed. For example if you go take a picture, it should create a DCIM directory automagically.

Music, you can create one, or your PC will when it syncs.

No I know but I figured it may create the folders after the format so that the phone would recognize. I didn't think I would have to manually set things up so that the card was used for storage too.

So far I'm ok. Even with all the apps I've installed I still have plenty of space on the internal memory. I do plan on using directory bind if I ever download bigger apps or if I can't use the app to change save location