Now Apple's copying...the Swiss Federal Railway

Except that no one looked at a Samsung tablet and said, "Man that iPad is awesome!". The UI may have been similar, but UI has been similar to that for years across many products, and before the iProducts came out. The products themselves weren't copies, just similar. Samsung tried showing previous work that Apple based their designs on, but that wasn't allowed. Why would you sign that, if you're not guilty? The companies Microsoft gets to sign their agreements are afraid of this same thing. It's cheaper to pay licensing, than go to court and get screwed. Even if you are doing things legit, the courts are a different beast. It's usually not about what's right, but about who can afford the best lawyers.

Don't understand - if they weren't guilty, why didn't they win?

So what happened to the 'There are many different ways to design without infringing on patents" trumpet Apple was blowing during the Samsung trial?

********, they should be made to pay $1 billion for this blatant theft.

Which 1 billion?! 12 Billions!!! 1 for each hour :p

Calm down. A hardware design patent is a lot more severe than a trademark or copyright. It can all be easily fixed via a software update.

I can't see the relation on why it is more severe. You're saying that using other people's music without permission and making money is not as bad as copying a patented chopper and make money? Why?

A hardware patent may be even easier to copy then some pieces of software or even music.

That's one entity Apple can't sign a patent license agreement with. [...]

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. SBB and Mondaine Group have a licensing deal to use the design themselves. There's no reason why Apple wouldn't be able to strike a similar deal. This is also great free exposure for the watch maker on millions upon millions of devices.

http://www.engadget....s-iconic-clock/

I can't see the relation on why it is more severe. You're saying that using other people's music without permission and making money is not as bad as copying a patented chopper and make money? Why?

A hardware patent may be even easier to copy then some pieces of software or even music.

Well if you read what I said, your answer was in there. In this case, all it will take is a simple software update, and problem solved. And maybe pay some royalties. Hardware obviously can't be fixed easily since there will be millions of the "infringing" product in people hands and on store shelves. And that's exactly why hardware is more severe. Small effect, quick fix, and less penalties.

Somebody that uses music illegally is going to get fined less than somebody who copies the chopper and makes money. You generally make more money on hardware than you do software.

Well if you read what I said, your answer was in there. In this case, all it will take is a simple software update, and problem solved. And maybe pay some royalties. Hardware obviously can't be fixed easily since there will be millions of the "infringing" product in people hands and on store shelves. And that's exactly why hardware is more severe. Small effect, quick fix, and less penalties.

Somebody that uses music illegally is going to get fined less than somebody who copies the chopper and makes money. You generally make more money on hardware than you do software.

I think Microsoft and Google can easily contest this statement.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. SBB and Mondaine Group have a licensing deal to use the design themselves. There's no reason why Apple wouldn't be able to strike a similar deal. This is also great free exposure for the watch maker on millions upon millions of devices.

http://www.engadget....s-iconic-clock/

True. It turns out I was wrong. There is going to be an agreement.

I thought it was an extremely rich country who couldn't be swayed with money. Not the case.

I think Microsoft and Google can easily contest this statement.

Not really since both of them are almost solely software companies. Apple is a hardware and software company and makes much much more on the hardware. But really that's beyond the point. Again, copying software is much easier to remedy than fixing a hardware copy.

I thought it was an extremely rich country who couldn't be swayed with money. Not the case.

Switzerland isn't that special country in the world where money just magically drops from the sky. Companies have to do business just like everywhere else.

I hate Apple probably more then anyone here. However, a freakin clock is a freakin clock. Get over it. There are worse things to argue over.

Not really since both of them are almost solely software companies. Apple is a hardware and software company and makes much much more on the hardware. But really that's beyond the point. Again, copying software is much easier to remedy than fixing a hardware copy.

Your arguments are really dumb and superficial. I give up.

I hate Apple probably more then anyone here. However, a freakin clock is a freakin clock. Get over it. There are worse things to argue over.

The Swiss railway clock is pretty iconic and known around the globe.

The Swiss railway clock is pretty iconic and known around the globe.

Still, it's a damn clock. So let everyone sue each other over wallpapers that they package OOB. All these lawsuits are getting out of hand.

You would think that a company who is so entangled in the legal system would have their butt covered.

You forget, Apple are so far up their own arses they actually think they have a right to do and copy whatever they like.

Still, it's a damn clock. So let everyone sue each other over wallpapers that they package OOB. All these lawsuits are getting out of hand.

It's a patented clock design around which an entire watch brand is build, so claiming it's just a clock is pretty simplistic. I have no idea why you're getting so worked up about this in the first place. Does this affect you personally in any way?

It's a patented clock design around which an entire watch brand is build, so claiming it's just a clock is pretty simplistic. I have no idea why you're getting so worked up about this in the first place. Does this affect you personally in any way?

I'm not getting all worked up over it. It just bothers me that everyone wants to sue everybody, just because they can. But life goes on for me.