Man beats girlfriend over late dinner

Zephyrhills, Florida -- Police were called out to a Zephyrhills home after a man reportedly beat his girlfriend because his dinner was late.

When deputies arrived at the home in the 3800 block of Remora Avenue around 4:15 Tuesday afternoon, the woman told them 70-year-old James Davis hit her multiple times in the head and face "because she did not make dinner at the appropriate time".

When the deputy saw the injuries to her face, Davis was arrested and charged with Domestic Battery.

The pair have lived together for about 12 years.

source

James Davis hit her multiple times in the head and face "because she did not make dinner at the appropriate time".

Oh, well that's alright then. Heaven forbid he had hit her for no reason at all...

I had no idea that people still found domestic violence funny. I feel like I've stumbled into the '50s.

Anything and Everything can be funny when done correctly.

I always joke about beating my girl when dinner is late... but it's just a joke, making fun of how stupid people are who actually act like it. I work at home, and while she wasn't working, I would get off at 6pm. I'd open the office door and enter the kitchen, and she would still be cooking. And jokingly I would say ," No dinner on the table, that's it!" Then raise my fist and shake it in the air.

We both laugh, because of the context. Sure, it is about a horrible act, but when done correctly, it can be funny, because she knows I would never hit her or really get upset that dinner was still cooking and not ready right when I walked through the door. But she sheer fact that people sometimes do, makes it so ridiculously funny..... That and my humor is dark and she gets my type of humor :p

Here I wanted to post a smartass remark but everyone beat me to it. Bump bump Tish.

Seriously though hitting at all is wrong. I pushed a GF once but that was it. I felt bad about that. Even when a black GF of mine was upset with me and started hitting me. I never hit her. I pushed her down and held her til she stopped but I never did anything to hurt her. She did that several times to me. I broke it off with her.

Here I wanted to post a smartass remark but everyone beat me to it. Bump bump Tish.

Seriously though hitting at all is wrong. I pushed a GF once but that was it. I felt bad about that. Even when a black GF of mine was upset with me and started hitting me. I never hit her. I pushed her down and held her til she stopped but I never did anything to hurt her. She did that several times to me. I broke it off with her.

I had a girl that forced me to break my arm once. She would hit me, but I was raised to never hit a girl. So one day, I finally got so mad, I just punched the tile floor..... Broke the tile and my hand/wrist. Ended it after that. Was a good experience though at 18, as it helped me realize a lot of things.

Now whenever a girl has got to that point, I just walk away. I leave the house and just go away for a bit until all parties have cooled down. There is no point to stay in that type of environment. You won't get anything resolved while anger is at that point.

• Like 3

In case she wouldn't let me leave. So I held her down. Yea a few times we dusted the floor after but still I got tired of it. The abuse.

Sorry to hear about your fracture. I've punched things but learned that damaging property is not worth it either.

Anything and Everything can be funny when done correctly.

I always joke about beating my girl when dinner is late... but it's just a joke, making fun of how stupid people are who actually act like it. I work at home, and while she wasn't working, I would get off at 6pm. I'd open the office door and enter the kitchen, and she would still be cooking. And jokingly I would say ," No dinner on the table, that's it!" Then raise my fist and shake it in the air.

We both laugh, because of the context. Sure, it is about a horrible act, but when done correctly, it can be funny, because she knows I would never hit her or really get upset that dinner was still cooking and not ready right when I walked through the door. But she sheer fact that people sometimes do, makes it so ridiculously funny..... That and my humor is dark and she gets my type of humor :p

+1

Satire is the most effective way to diffuse tension about a terrible situation.

• Like 3

In case she wouldn't let me leave. So I held her down. Yea a few times we dusted the floor after but still I got tired of it. The abuse.

Sorry to hear about your fracture. I've punched things but learned that damaging property is not worth it either.

Ya, its cool now.. that was 12 years ago :p But as I said, I learned a lot from that day lol.

I had no idea that people still found domestic violence funny. I feel like I've stumbled into the '50s.

I find it really sad that sexism is so rampant on this site, and the worst part is that people are so used to it that most of the time they don't even realize that it's sexist.

---

If sexist jokes are your guys' way of dealing with something awful, I think you need to find a better way to deal with it.