Man beats girlfriend over late dinner

from the replies here, i take it most have never dealt with a real woman besides their mother... sad

No, they just want to act all macho over the internet when in reality they are bitches :)

Like I said, this isnt a joke as this happens everyday (including murders). You call someone a fanboy here, it gets removed. Now joking about domestic violence? Its all OK!

So when a woman gets a beating (which I agree is wrong) we should all take it very serious and can't make jokes about it.

But when some muslims react to a video about the prophet they should just relax, because after all we all like freedom of speech.

Come on guys freedom of speech means we can make fun of everything, right?

I had no idea that people still found domestic violence funny. I feel like I've stumbled into the '50s.

Why are you making fun of our Lord Jesus Christ? I thought I stumbled into the 50's.

But when some muslims react to a video about the prophet they should just relax' date=' because after all we all like freedom of speech.

Come on guys freedom of speech means we can make fun of everything, right?[/quote']

Why do you bring animal behaviour to a discussion about human behaviour?

Why are you making fun of our Lord Jesus Christ? I thought I stumbled into the 50's.

You know ... because he can? ;)

Maybe I didn't express myself to well.

What I meant was that in this tread people are saying we shouldn't make fun of the woman because she got a beating from her boyfriend.

Yet last week everybody was saying we should protect our right to freedom of speech.

I'm just wondering where the difference is?

from the replies here, i take it most have never dealt with a real woman besides their mother... sad

I think you are pretty much right. That's the reason I take very little said here seriously. A lot of the guys here are too young to know any better.

I had no idea that people still found domestic violence funny. I feel like I've stumbled into the '50s.

Neowin shows it's adolescence and it's 'one gender' majority sometimes :-/

Enjoying the view from your ivory tower?

It's not a straightforward funny issue for some people as the topic will evoke another emotion in some people. Those who have suffered under abuse or those who know people who has been abused sometimes find it hard to make a laugh of it.

My mom put up with it for years, so you can imagine it's not amusing as it would appear to others...

So when a woman gets a beating (which I agree is wrong) we should all take it very serious and can't make jokes about it.

But when some muslims react to a video about the prophet they should just relax, because after all we all like freedom of speech.

Come on guys freedom of speech means we can make fun of everything, right?

Did the video physically harm extremist Muslims? No.

Did it make them feel unsecure, threatened or fearful for their lives/safety? No.

Apples and oranges...

When I see something outrageous, unthinkable by my standards, I many times invoke humor to deal with it.

It may be odd, but I see it as better then firing off hate and anger, which achieves nothing.

I grew up being abused by an aunt, and would not treat others as she did.

I personally would never treat anyone, male or female, with violence over something as trivial as dinner time.