Photo

So I screwed up App Store updates on my fiance's MBA...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 OP Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 21 September 2012 - 22:36

Just sign in with your ID? That is what I have always done.
To clarify.
Sign out of the app store with her ID.
Click Sign In.
Choose Use Existing ID or whatever the verbiage is.
Enter your ID.
Install Apps and/or App Updates.
Sign out of your ID.
Sign back into hers.

I do it all the time with my work Apple ID and my personal Apple ID on the same computer.

Oh good point. I guess I don't have to login to my profile...

#17 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 21 September 2012 - 23:49

Oh good point. I guess I don't have to login to my profile...

Yeah it is annoying but it absolutely works. Same thing works on iPads as well.
At one point in time I has 2 separate partitions for each account, but that was on my older Macbook through work. I recently got a new one, and I decided to just have one user account this time around.
So I face this issue quite a lot., in fact happened to me just the other day. I was signed into my work account, App Store told me I had updates for the iWork suite of apps IIRC, and it would not let me update until I signed out of my work ID and into my personal one, which was the ID I used for purchasing those apps.

#18 seafirex

seafirex

Neowinian

Posted 22 September 2012 - 00:33

Poor girl, i hope she dont dislike the new phone she got now that all that happend and could not really use it since she got it.

Call them asap man, i think your in for your money on this one. The following is a joke by the way. : " Dont think of getting any for a while :p )

By the way not knowing the full story kind of make me think she could have been under impression you where trying to keep track of her and her things in the device ( contacts etc. ). Carefull next time that is like pandora box.

#19 Unrealistic

Unrealistic

Laughter is all we have.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 22 September 2012 - 15:09

This may not work, but if you do Internet Recovery and wipe the MBA, upon creation of the first account it will see if you can download iLife. That may activate the software with her Apple ID and then you can stop worrying about it.

#20 OP Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 22 September 2012 - 16:34

Poor girl, i hope she dont dislike the new phone she got now that all that happend and could not really use it since she got it.

Call them asap man, i think your in for your money on this one. The following is a joke by the way. : " Dont think of getting any for a while :p )

By the way not knowing the full story kind of make me think she could have been under impression you where trying to keep track of her and her things in the device ( contacts etc. ). Carefull next time that is like pandora box.

What phone?

#21 +Matthew S.

Matthew S.

What the what

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:45

@Sharack do the app's appear on her purchased apps list?