Gmail Notifier Plus 3.6

app notifier gmail windows windows 8

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 OP andrew_

andrew_

Neowinian

Posted 07 January 2013 - 21:33

Github just announced that they would be ceasing the availablibity of project downloads on their site. While I think this is an incredibly stupid move, there's not much I can do about it.

I've setup a repo at bitbucket and have placed the latest downloads there. Please see https://bitbucket.or...-plus/downloads for downloading Gmail Notifier Plus moving forward.

#17 manroweb

manroweb

Lover of all things tech

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 07 January 2013 - 21:34

This a great app which I've been using for just over a month now, having found it here.
Keep up the hard work!

#18 OP andrew_

andrew_

Neowinian

Posted 11 January 2013 - 17:45

Great news. Chrome 24 was released today and it fixes the bug on Windows 8 with launching urls from a system command with a hash at the end. What's that mean for GNP? It means that opening emails directly from GNP works again in that system scenario.

#19 OP andrew_

andrew_

Neowinian

Posted 18 January 2013 - 16:52

Just a heads up for anyone still following the project - because Github is discontinuing the api which allowed GNP to check for a new version, the auto-upgrade wont work for the next version. I've since moved everything to bitbucket, but the code in the current version relies on Github. I honestly didn't think that'd be going away anytime soon. Lesson learned. I'm going to write an intermediate web layer for my own server that'll handle the upgrade notice, but that'll come in the next version, which you'll have to install manually, unfortunately.

#20 p1mi

p1mi

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:26

Hello, How to make that this program shows only at system tray, but not in taskbar?

#21 aznkid25

aznkid25

Neowinian

Posted 02 April 2013 - 00:01

Is this program still actively being developed? Any updates on the application?

#22 OP andrew_

andrew_

Neowinian

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:54

I'm still around. Haven't really had much in the way of new feature requests that were feasible recently. Just viewed that as the app being stable enough for folks, meeting their needs.

#23 OP andrew_

andrew_

Neowinian

Posted 28 January 2014 - 18:30

Curious if anyone that uses a mac as well as windows would find Gmail Notifier Plus useful on their mac. I use a mac for work now and have been missing the functionality. What do folks think?

#24 Boo Berry

Boo Berry

Neowinian Ghost

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 Ubuntu 14.10 64-bit

Posted 28 January 2014 - 18:45

Yes, a Mac version would be VERY useful to me.

#25 OP andrew_

andrew_

Neowinian

Posted 09 February 2014 - 19:04

Well I've done all the legwork to investigate the possibility and I've got a project in progress. It's definitely doable, although it'll look a little different than the Windows version (naturally). I'll start a new thread when I have an alpha working.

#26 BluepointVance

BluepointVance

Neowinian

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:54

Gmail Notifier Plus stopped working for one of my gmail accounts two days ago... Then today it stopped working for my second account.

It just gives me a "Please check your account settings" error, even though all the account setting are correct.

Has there been a recent change to gmail that has broken the log in functionality?

Both of these are google apps accounts (ie. they have custom domain names instead of just @gmail.com) so maybe that has something to do with it?

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!

#27 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:06

Gmail Notifier Plus stopped working for one of my gmail accounts two days ago... Then today it stopped working for my second account.

It just gives me a "Please check your account settings" error, even though all the account setting are correct.

Has there been a recent change to gmail that has broken the log in functionality?

Both of these are google apps accounts (ie. they have custom domain names instead of just @gmail.com) so maybe that has something to do with it?

Thanks!

I never used that app ...

GMail notifies me via notification center on my android phone then I can check email on either smartphone or desktop.

#28 BluepointVance

BluepointVance

Neowinian

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:32

I never used that app ...

GMail notifies me via notification center on my android phone then I can check email on either smartphone or desktop.

Yes. Me, too... But I also have this app which conveniently monitors my gmail accounts and gives me a handy pop-up of what was just sent to me while I'm working on the computer. No need to have my phone nearby or open a browser.

Was working fantastically until two days ago... Hoping someone here knows what changed and how to fix it.

#29 DaVoodoo

DaVoodoo

Neowinian

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:35

Thanks!

I am having the exact same problem. @andrew_, can you please assist? Thanks. Much appreciated.

#30 DaVoodoo

DaVoodoo

Neowinian

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:46

I just found the 3.7 alpha version and it is working well again.

https://github.com/s...Plus/issues/133

Thanks goes to jansokoly and andrew_(shellscape).