Manjaro 0.8.1 XFCE edition released

Based off Arch, so you Arch fans may like it. I personally can't get anywhere with it from a LiveUSB ~ Lakota

Exactly one month after we released our first beta release of Manjaro Linux, here is our first point-release in our 0.8-series. In the past four weeks Philip, Guillaume and I worked hard to get this update shaped up good as it is now.

Most people criticized that Manjaro wasted to much RAM. We replaced LightDM with LXDM, special patched to have a better theme support. Of course we needed a nice Manjaro theme for LXDM. The only problem is ? there are no LXDM themes available?

So I sat down last night with a cup of coffee and started coding. To have a nice login interface I wanted to add a transparent black background to the login area. This required some patching in the LXDM greeter. I am really happy with the result and I hope you like the new LXDM Manjaro theme icon_smile.gif .

MHWD, our hardware detection tools, got updated and is using now BUS IDs for better control of your hardware. Phil fixed his CLI-installer and squashed some bugs which got reported in our forum or bugtracker. Guillaume updated plymouth and other core packages to have a smoother work-feeling. Manjaro feels snappier now. Last but not least we enabled our testing-repos offering KDE 4.9-series and other cool packages you can play with.

What?s about the Gnome/Cinnamon, KDE and Net version? The XFCE version is our main LiveCD and the others will follow of course. However we need to do some further testing and you can count with a release in a few weeks?

I want to thank Philip for his tireless bugfixing and building of LiveCDs and lots of packages. As well as Guillaume for his efforts in plymouth, the gnome edition and useful ideas. At the same time I want to thank Allesandro for managing our forum and for providing support. However the biggest ?Thank You? goes to our great community!

Enhancements to point out

• We updated to linux 3.5-series
  • MHWD got better hybrid card support and Optimus works on more card combinations. Some bugs also have been fixed.
  • Our CLI-Installer got improved.
  • A patched LXDM replaces LightDM with a complete new Manjaro theme.
  • Syslinux got a new layout and got translated to followed languages: Argentinian, Brazilian Portuguese, English, German, French, Italian, Spanish and Turkish.
  • Followed languages we fully support now: American English, Belarusian, British English, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Deutsch, Espanol, Espanol (Argentina), Francais, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Romanian, Swedish, Turkish and Ukrainian.
  • XFCE edition get?s shipped on a DVD with more apps and printer-support out of the box.
  • We added some more support to start Manjaro easier from your USB-Stick
  • Development packages for AUR got added including packer and yaourt
  • All translation-packages get installed during startup and our installer
  • A new drivers-overlay starts our LiveDVD faster
  • Small package updates to fix reported bugs
  • Lot?s of bugfixes since our 0.8.0 release

Download Manjaro 0.8.1

Release Note

Kind regards

Roland Singer

Screen:

post-248407-0-07243500-1348345298_thumb.

That looks nice will give the live cd a shot

I hope you can get further then I did. I used unetbootin and it wouldn't load. The flash drive went into a repeating 10sec loop. I will try Yumi later.

I hope you can get further then I did. I used unetbootin and it wouldn't load. The flash drive went into a repeating 10sec loop. I will try Yumi later.

It's better to just dd a Linux iso. It's never failed me once.

dd if=image.iso of=/dev/sdd bs=4M

nope no joy

used unetbootin and got 10 sec boot loop would not actually load

did the method above too as i have used that before it gets as fro as Grub Loading

Welcome int he CLI then just boots to fedora

nope no joy

used unetbootin and got 10 sec boot loop would not actually load

did the method above too as i have used that before it gets as fro as Grub Loading

Welcome int he CLI then just boots to fedora

I'm thinking it has to be burned to a DVD. But since i don't have any, I can't try.

I think i might have one in the house i will give it a try

i read on thier forums and they go on about burning it to usb and editing the grub.cfg etc

cant be bothered with all that

Ok burned it to DVD and it works fine

looks really nice, nice and snappy, might be a shout if i get bored with fedora lol

gonna install it in VM and play with it

cNPSS.jpg

Ok burned it to DVD and it works fine

looks really nice, nice and snappy, might be a shout if i get bored with fedora lol

gonna install it in VM and play with it

cNPSS.jpg

Awesome. Glad it worked from DVD. But am also glad your still running Fedora. Great OS isn't?

yeah very nice

might use Manjaro as my livecd for getting rid of malware and virii on other computers though

it ran amazingly fast for a live version

looks nice too

but yeah fedora has my love for now lol

yeah very nice

might use Manjaro as my livecd for getting rid of malware and virii on other computers though

it ran amazingly fast for a live version

looks nice too

but yeah fedora has my love for now lol

If you want fast, you should try installing Razor-QT on Fedora under Openbox. The other choices that it also installs doesn't work. At least not for me. Razor-QT for the most part is stable and I have had very few issues with it. The ones I encountered were random. A few appz wouldn't launch. Easy fix, uninstall the app and reinstall it under Razor-QT. The time, is a bugger though. Randomly after restarts, it will either jump a head or back by an hour or 2. I think it has been fixed in the latest release though.