Any way to save the state of browser?

It looks like my UPS battery has died because it is not holding any charge and my compute loses power as soon as power cuts. The problem is that I might type up a long post and power cuts before I can post it and I lose it. This happened 10 minutes ago and it is annoying me.

So, is there any way I can save the state of browser? And by state I mean the etxt typed i a box too. I am using Chrome but I may consider a temporary change of browser if some other browser can do this. I looked up extensions and I found a session manager. But it seems that it only remembers the tabs and windows that were open. I want the content of the page to be saved too i.e. whatever I have typed up in any box. Is this possible?

link inserted....

hope it works... test those all out before you rely on it... also I do have a UPS that has a good battery, however during storms I am in paranoid parrot mode and I type long epic things into MS Word first then I save it then I post on the forum I intend to...

Yes, the first link is a Chrome addon. :0

She edited the post later, it was not there before.

link inserted....

hope it works... test those all out before you rely on it... also I do have a UPS that has a good battery, however during storms I am in paranoid parrot mode and I type long epic things into MS Word first then I save it then I post on the forum I intend to...

Thanks, kitty! :)

Yes, I will test it first. And yes, typing it in Word was an option, but I was keeping it as a last resort. :D

what site was it? sometimes the site owner may request it to not be included, as well as there are several other sites that disable form filling... Discogs is one of those and that really makes me a mad kitty.

any white/blacklists you can alter in the extension?

you might want to check some of the code for the extension... if you can.... I know that in firefox you can edit some code to override certain things... I done it to make older addons work for the nightlies that way by altering the version numbers....

is there anything you can edit?

that is if you get really desperate.

Yes, there is a blacklist option, but since I haven't added anything to it what use is it of?

I won't know what to edit. I don't even know why doesn't it work. it works in the search box of the website, just not in the reply box. :/

Chrome has session restore feature on their New Tab Page..

Not what I am looking for, please read the OP before posting.

Yes, there is a blacklist option, but since I haven't added anything to it what use is it of?

I won't know what to edit. I don't even know why doesn't it work. it works in the search box of the website, just not in the reply box. :/

Not what I am looking for, please read the OP before posting.

In future, I should personally avoid helping anyone... :) :)

Finally, got it to work. Seems like due to the way the site is coded, the pop up appears only when clicking exactly on the border of the box, not in the box or even some pixels outside the box.

BTW, gotta love Neowin. It auto-saves the post itself.

In future, I should personally avoid helping anyone... :) :)

Please don't take it as an insult, because it was not. I just mentioned in OP that I did not need a session saver but something which can save texts typed on page. I just referred you to that, no offence was meant. :)

I use an add-on for FF called Lazarus, which does exactly what you are asking for, they also have one for Chrome, located here

Yes, that's exactly what remixedcat suggested. But, thanks for your help!