Photo
poll

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you care about play counts/watched flags?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Which media manager/player do you use, and does it support play counts?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Do you care about them?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

If you care about play counts/watch flags, what media do you want or need it for?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 crazzy88ss

crazzy88ss

Neowinian Senior

• 6,438 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 22:45

omg I love them.

i'm a numbers guy, though -_-

#17 thomastmc

thomastmc

Unofficial Attorney of Neowin

• 1,329 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 928

Posted 25 January 2013 - 22:52

No matter how you may rate a song, 3 stars or 5 stars, nothing tells you how much you like a song more than the play count. Same for albums and artists.

Play count is the best gauge for what you really like, not what you think you like.

#18 sean.ferguson

sean.ferguson

Anonymous

• 736 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:52

Im currently using cmus as a music player and personally i don't care how many times i have listened to a track. :)

#19 Ambroos

Ambroos

Neowinian Senior

• 6,138 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z2

Posted 20 May 2013 - 14:41

I use Foobar, Spotify and my phone, everything comes together on my Last.fm profile.

I can't believe nobody else mentioned that. It's the ultimate solution for play counts since it works with pretty much anything.

#20 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,151 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 14:55

Yes, very much

#21 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• 5,376 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 20 May 2013 - 15:13

I only really cared when I was wanted to free up space, so looked for the number of plays: 0/1/2 etc. and found that actually ipod's random is just crap and actually it didn't play a load of songs but played some other songs all the time.

#22 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,556 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 15:18

I use iTunes, so it keeps count of my songs, but I only check occasionally to see what my most listened to music is. I can't say that I care about it though, if it got reset (a new computer, for example) I wouldn't mind at all.

#23 LUTZIFER

LUTZIFER

Resident Evil

• 2,663 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 20 May 2013 - 15:33

I use Winamp and YES it does support play counts. I do not care about or even pay any attention to play counts. Couldn't care less.

#24 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 16,989 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 20 May 2013 - 16:43

I only really cared when I was wanted to free up space, so looked for the number of plays: 0/1/2 etc. and found that actually ipod's random is just crap and actually it didn't play a load of songs but played some other songs all the time.

I was actually just thinking to myself why on earth would anyone care at all about how many times they chose to listen to a song, so thank you for providing a reason it does actually make sense.

#25 Richard C.

Richard C.

Neowinian Senior

• 3,649 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:51

I tend to just leave my music player on shuffle as I have more than enough songs to never hear the same song more than twice in several weeks. So while playcounts are a fun little "did you know that" type statistic, they hold little management value to me.